Chapter 20: Finale

Lord Voldermort stood there, the centre of attention, he gritted his teeth through pure concentration, and the dirtyness of them only added to his overall scary appearance, but Harry didn't seem shaken that he was going to die.

"Ready to be in Death's waiting arms Potter?" The Dark Lord asked, pointing his wand out to Harry, who had clearly given up the fight as he had thrown his own wand out of reach, it lay there on the cold earthy soil.

"Ready." he said, taking a deep breath. The hesitation was unruly, Eve hugged Draco even tighter, Draco closed his eyes and intook the lovely smell passion fruit smell from Eve's hair. Bellatrix waivered impatiently, almost having a heart attack.

"Lord! Please, just kill him, the suspense is killing me!" she cried, dancing up and down on the spot, being dramatic like she always was. Eve took a deep breath and turned to face everyone, and Draco supported her by linking his arms around her stomach.

"Promise you'll put up with this until we can break away and get married..." Draco whispered into her ear, Eve intook a deep breath, her chest heavingly slightly.

"I promise..." she said weakly, her voice cracking slightly. The Dark Lord nodded to Bellatrix, who made sure all of the Deatheaters were standing far back enough. He then raised his arm and opened his mouth.

"AVADA KEDAVRA-" he was cut off quickly when Eve leapt from Draco's arms and stood directly infornt of Harry pushing him back.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Eve screamed, as a luminous green light crashed towards the Dark Lord and his Deatheaters. Draco reached out longily, totally lost as to why she had just made the stupidly valiant action. The Dark Lord dropped his wand in the sudden shock of all of it, and the Deatheaters were too confused to respond. Voldermort froze up, before his skin crackled away like flaming blue embers, discintergrating in the cold night air. Harry gawped at Eve, and as soon as the light had faded, Eve and Harry made a run for it.

Harry and Eve sprinted frantically like deers being preyed upon.

"Harry, come on!" she called, linking her hand with his. Harry looked to her with pure gratitude.

"Thanks so much Eve.." he said, as they ran up the castle steps into Hogwarts, thier roughed hands split, and Eve glared right into Harry's eyes.

"I'm going to look for Lavender and Hermione, you try and tell everyone that the Dark Lord is dead and they should evacuate the area immediantly..." Harry nodded as Eve ran past him, running through the doorway where the door had fallen off it's hinges and hung outwards awkwardly.

The corridors were just simply piles of bricks and debris by now, and there were several dead or dying students. Eve tried to ignore this pain she had cuased so many people and headed for the Great Hall, where people were being treated. Eve knew that she would have to encounter some painful things, and she entered the great hall carefully, like the floor was going to crumble beneath her little feet. Eve's eyes then fell on two girls, one with mad curly locks and the other with wavy, short brown hair.

"Oh no!" Eve cried out, leaping over several pieces of fallen wall, she came to rest at the sides of Lavender and Hermione, who had died in her name. Thier faces were pale, but scorched black by flames. "Oh I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry..." she wept over them openly. Tears rolling off of her cheeks and plopping onto the stone floor. "I didn't mean for this to happen.." she cried. Eve spent around 20 minutes sitting at her friends sides, before Harry emerged in the doorway, coming over to her.

"Well.. I told as many people as I could..." his eyes then fell upon Lavender and Hermione. "Oh my god... " he said, getting down on his knees beside Eve whose frames was slumping and her black hair fell over her shoulders and clasped at her cheeks.

"This is all of my fault.." she wept, sniffling. She looked over all of the injured or dead people. "Every last bit..." she screamed, now crying in a furious rage. Harry pulled her close and hugged her.

"Hey, come on, don't be silly, it was Voldermort not you..." Eve looked up to him, her eyes bloodshot.

"You don't understand, it all branched out from me... I made them wage war on Hogwarts, I made them kill my father-"

"Father?" Harry asked intentivley.

"Snape was my father..." Eve asked, sniffling.

"Oh.. I see the resemblance now... in your hair colour.." his voice trailed away into an awkward slence. "Carry on..."

"I also made them try to kill you... this is all of my doing..." Harry squeezed her shoulders encouragingly.

"Look up to the future, you have some much you can achieve..." he said, his tone was encourging.

"What do I have to look forward to..." Eve replied dully, sinking futher down.

"You just killed one of the ,ost feared wizards of all time, your a great figure in Wizarding history now..." Eve raised her head slightly.

"Yeah... I suppose so..." she said, resting her head on Harry's shoulder.

The Deathers all stood there, totally enraged, especially Bellatrix.

"That little bitch just ruined it all for us!" she screamed, as Draco sank futher to the back. "We are nothing without our lord, what are we to do now!?" The crowd fell totally silent under her mad rage. "Draco, seeing as she is your SLUT go and find her and bring her to me!" she called, as Draco moved like a wooden soldier, his arms pinned at his sides.

Harry and Eve emerged into the breaking dawn in the courtyard, and the sun blazed on the horizon, like a new hope.

"Hopefully this will marka turning point for me..." Eve said softly, as Harry clasped her hand.

"Me too...." They turned to look at each other, and at that precise moment Draco came up the sidesteps and into the courtyard, and he he could see was total pain in his eyes. Draco saw Eve and Harry sharing lips, he stood there toally shocked, but Eve was too engrossed with what she could only describe as "new hope" to notice that Draco was crying. Just goes to show, true love is blind.