Chapter 13: A Doomed Future

Eve awoke to the sun falling directly into her eyes, and she scrunched up her face. Eve sat in bed, her musceles ached from the Crucio Spell from yesterday, but of course, Eve didn't remember. There was ever so light knocking on the bedroom door, and Snape unexpectedly walked in, a look of pure concern on his face.

"Oh Eve," he said, sounding rather faint, Eve glared at him, clearly confused. "Your so unaware of the fate you are going to be forced into." he whispered. "I'm not supposed to be telling you this, but you will have to face the guilt of murdering someone if you don't listen to me now." Eve glared at him like he was crazy.

"Sir... what are you going on about?" Eve asked, her black hair sticking up all over the place.

"Please, just listen here..." he took Eve's hands with fear, his own hands were icy cold, and they were shaking. "You must try not to resisit..." For once his voice was filled with emotion, like he truly cared, Eve felt a wash of sandess pass over her.

"What are you doing...?" Eve asked, as Snape stood by the side of the bed, wand to hand.

"I'm just doing a little bit of Occlumency to strengthen your mind so no-one can penetrate it..." Eve felt a sharp stabbing pain throbbing in her head, all of her life flashed through her head, and she particularly didn't want Snape to be seeing the intimate parts of it. Eve snarled and shouted.

"Enough! I can't do it!" Snape sighed, glaring straight into her eyes.

"You must try, or you are at risk!" Snape whispered harshly, trying again. This time Eve just tried to let it go, clam down and relax, but she saw things she didn't want to.. a dark hall.. people gathered at a table... Lord Voldermort. Her eyes burst open and Snape was smiling.

"Your safe now.." Eve heard Draco calling for her. She looked to Snape who was already heading for the door.

"I dont get what most of these memories mean.. but thankyou.." he nodded back to her and ran out of sight, Eve then pulled herself from her bed and padded along the landing in her bare feet and saw Draco at the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning, how did we sleep?" he asked, Eve rubbed her eyes and rolled her shoulders back.

"My arms and legs feel like they've been stabbed..." Draco lookd towards his father, who looked the other way.

"Your probably slept on it funny, anyway, we're taking you out." Eve looked to her scraggly appearance.

"Where?" Draco smiled and tapped his nose.

"Good and get dressed, we'll just take you... oh, here's a clue, you need a swimming costume" Eve ran up to her suitcase,putting on her floral pink swimming costume first, before pulling out a summery dress with red roses on it, it had a high-low hem and and off shoulder sleeves, she then put on her sandals that were woven with daises around the strap. She then moved down the stairs quickly, the hem of her dress bouncing lightly. Draco placed a rose in her hair that he pulled from the pot near the door.

"There. Lovely, now let's be off..." The family then took Eve outside to the carriage, where they all sat admiring the ominous forest with the fir trees, and all of the salt water lakes. As time passed in the carrige, the forest seemed to be getting darker, there were so many trees now that the sunlight was just dapples on the earthy floor.

"Draco.. where are we going? Well.. its got something to do with swimming.. but WHERE is it?" Eve asked, feeling nervous. Draco clasped her hand and squeezed it slightly.

"Relax, we're taking you to see something you'll like..." After some time, the carrige drew to hault, and Eve and Draco stepped out into a small part of forest with a giant pool and tiny waterfall, and Draco nodded before his parents went off, probably to town. Draco removed his polo shirt revelaing his pale white abs, and Eve gawped at him, to soon find him standing there in his black long baggy swimming trunks.

"Fancy a dip?" he said, smiling cheesily, he then climbed to the highest point near the waterfall, and dived in with some expertise.

"My, my Mr Malfoy, you always knew how to make an enterance..." he shrugged, playing along with her joke.

"What can I say? I'm irresitable!" Eve laughed, slinking towards him, the dappled sunlight falling neatly past her curves and wide hips, it illuminating her shapley tanned legs.

"That you are Mr Malfoy, that you are..." she then lightly dipped her toe into the water, shivering. "Draco, it's freezing!" Draco grabbed her leg quickly and planted kisses all the way up it.

"Just get in wussy, it's lovely towards the middle..." he swam backwards, smoothing his hand over his hair, pushing it back, the water had ruined his combover. Eve sighed, trying to pull her leg back, but Draco grabbed her ankle slyly and dragged her into the water, and the cold shock made her tread the water gasping and spluttering.

"What the hell Draco!?" she screamed, laughing at the same time. "Your such a stupid git sometimes!" she then got her hand and splashed some water into his face. Draco laughed back to her, he then pulled Eve closer by her waist, rubbing his nose with hers.

"You're such a drama queen Eve Lyon..." he said, kissing her on the lips lightly, a cold droplet of water running from his hair and running between the crevase between thier kiss. Eve looked up into the canopy of the trees and Draco looked up with her, he then lifted her up and she pointed her toes and stretched her arms up gracefully, like she was performing a ballet show, playing along with Draco.

"Next ballet dancer there, Eve..." Eve laughed and held him closer to herself, her cleavage in his face. "Yep, I like this view better." Eve splashed him some more with water.

"That's such a stupid, typical boy thing to say Draco." Draco shrugged, laughing to her, being cocky.

"I am a boy?" Eve glared at him, sinking further beneth the cold of the water, so that he stopped oggling her.

"Huh, I thought you were different..." Draco sighed, kissing up the side of Eve's neck.

"Hey, don't be like that I am different, what boy would treat you like this?" Eve shrugged, smiling.

"I don't know, you and Harry treat me pretty much the same..." Draco tightened his grip on Eve's waist from under the water, like Harry was actually going to leap out from the blue and snatch her away.

"Oh, I'm in competition with "Mr Cool Specs" I feel so threatened!" Draco laughed, as Eve ran her fingers through his hair.

"Oh shut up, your scared your going to lose me all the time!" Draco then swamo over to some rocks and perched himself on them, Eve swimming still, resting her arms on the rock next to Draco, kicking her legs passivley.

"I am NOT, I am the only one for you Eve." Eve giggled and pulled herself up onto the rock, wringing hr hair out, placing her hand down on Draco's.

"So.. what's on todays agenda?" Draco shrugged, placing his arm around Eve's shoulder.

"We might go out a bit more... see some of the local amazing things..." Eve laughed to him, her hair going all straggly.

"What does this include?" Draco smiled to her, and leaned into her ear.

"Dragons..." Eve smiled and whispered back into his ear.

"I'd like that very much." he then looked around to check no-one was there, before whispering back to her.

"And who knows? Maybe afterwards we can go back to the manor, creep up the stairs and-" Eve giggled, placing her finger over his lips.

"Spare me the details for now Malfoy." Draco sat upon the rock, and Eve gently slinked back into the water unoticed.

"You might get to see a more sensual side of me Eve-" he was interupted when Eve dragged him by his ankle back into the water, and it was his turn to cough and splutter.

"OH MY GOD THIS IS COLD!" he called out, clearly shocked, Eve laughed, treading the water, her hair splaying out on the surface of the water.

"Cold Vendetta, sweetheart!" she laughed, pratically drowning because she was in fits of giggles.

"Oh ha, ha, extremly amusing dear.." he mocked, climbing back to the side of the pool, his dignity having been damaged.