Chapter 19: In The Dark Forest

Draco and Eve made thier way down to the forest, and when they got to the bottom of the side of the castle steps, Eve turned around and saw a blazing fire crackling out of the courtyard and parts of Hogwarts was falling to pieces. Draco squeezed Eve's hand encouragingly.

"Come on Eve, everything's ok..." Eve sniffled as Draco drew her close to his side, wrapping his arm around her waist as they treaded carefully in the misty forest, whe they came into the centre, seeing the Dark Comitty of Deatheaters and Lord Voldermort, who had been waiting for Draco.

"Draco my boy.." the dark lord called lightly, as Draco made his way through the some trees, The Dark Lord's eyes fell on Eve. "Eve, so lovely to see you've come back to enjoy the show." he called, as Draco drew Eve next to him near his parents. The group fell silent, as Harry stumbeled through some trees. He was sniffling and had huge cut's all of over his face, Eve buried her face in Draco's suit as he kissed her head gently.

"Tom." Harry smirked, knowing it would piss him off. Lord Voldermort gritted his teeth.

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived... come to die..." He then laughed, twiddling his wand between his two hands. "Tell me Potter, do you wish to die for all of those ignorant sudents and teachers who have never really cared about you?" Harry tensed as Voldermort circled him, leaning behind him ocassionally.

"I am a gracious person, I'm going to fight for them, even if they don't care." The Dark Lord laughed heartily.

"Oh dear... that's a selfless thing to do now isn't it?" he chuckled, stepping back to his group. "Some of us were having doubts about your arrival Potter..." Eve felt sick all of a sudden, she didn't want to see a boy she had once convinced herself she loved die infront of her.

"I'm not a coward like you Tom," Harry said, fixing the postion of his broken glasses on his nose. "I don't get others to do my dirty work." The group laughed, Draco and eve were silent, but Bellatrix's witchy cackle was the loudest voice over all of them.

"Is this about Dumbledore Harry?" he asked, in his most patronizing voice. "Oh, don't worry, by the end he was doing his best to ignore you anyway." Harry lurched forward, shouting to him.

"Don't you dare speak like that about him! He was like a father to me!" Eve could see her breath infront, she was the only person who seemed to be breathing under all the tension, luckily her view was a bit blocked by Bellatrix, who was standing at The Dark Lord's side.

"Oh, grow up boy! No-one would ever consider you family!" he chortled, glad that he had the better end of the stick. Harry felt like giving up, you could see it in the glazed green of his eyes. Eve nudged Draco's arm and buried herself under it as Draco put it around her shoulders.

"If it wasn't for your stupid Deatheaters.. Dumbledore would still be here..." he said, his throat blocked up by tears. Voldermort looked to Eve who was diagonally behind him.

"Eve, is not a Deatheater, boy." Voldermort smirked, as Eve flushed bright red.

"No, please, Draco make him stop!" Eve asked pleading, as Bellatrix ragged heraway from Draco's grasp. She pushed her directly next to Voldermort, who pressed his icy hands down on her shoulders, chuckling.

"Here, is the reason why we stand here now, Potter. Eve Lyon, killed Dumbledore." Eve looked out towards Harry who was shaking his head to her,

"Eve, is it true?" He asked, looking deeply into her eyes.

"No!" she cried, as Voldermort craned his neck down to her ear.

"Liar! You lured him into the tower, tricked him into false security!"

"Your lying!" Eve protested, clearly frustrated. The Dark Lord made his way into the centre of the circle.

"Hmm, I find it peculair, how you have chosen to remember things, but I assure you, it was you who killed Dumbledore Eve, and you who started the Wizard War." Eve shook her head, crying openly, as Bellatrix laughed, her high pitched cackle infectious and annoying. Draco took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"My Lord, please, leave Eve alone, your upsetting her..." The Deatheaters glared to him in shock, and Voldermort waltzed up to Draco.

"The truth is painful sometimes Draco..." Eve lifted her head from her hands, still sniffling.

"I didn't kill him..." she said, everyone could sense the rage building inside of her. "If I knew, I would of ignored that stupid bitch and her groupie over there," Eve said aggressivley, poitning to Bellatrix and a few male deatheaters. Voldemort gritted his teeth and pushed Eve back aggressivley into Draco, who caught her limp weak frame that was to tiered and upset to react to the Dark Lord's malevolent actions. Draco held her fast  in an embrace to try and get some reaction from her, but Eve felt like she should be the one to die in vain.

"Eve.. just give me a sign your ok.." Eve squeezed his him as tight as she could, and he nuzzled her head quickly. The whole forest turned silent, and Eve intook Draco's warm, musky scent in some hope to divert her mind, but she felt so guilty, she didnt want to be a part of this, she wanted Draco, but not his life. The sielnce was broken by Bellatrix cackling loudly.

"Oh silly baby Potter, Sirius and Dumbledore are gone, they're not going to save you this time!" she laughed, brushing her hands under Harry's chin seductivly,  but he found it more as an annoying action.

"It's ok, I can fight on my own." Harry sniffled, wiping his nose quickly in the cold forest air. There was an uproar of laughter from the deatheaters, but yet again, Draco and Eve were silent in each others embrace.

"A 17 year old boy, against The Darkest Wizard of all time, feared by all... ok, sure Potter..." Voldermort laughed, flipping his wand about in his hand. Eve could feel the fight closing in, she tensed up, Draco held her tight in his embrace, he tried to sheild her from this unpromising world.