Chapter 10: Awkward Greetings

The train smoothly chugged along the country tracks that wound around valleys, hills and lakes, and Eve woke up about a quarter of the way through the journey. She was too nervous to sleep now. Eve looked out of the window wistfully, staring out across the shimmer of the lakes, and she turned her head back around the reality of the carriages, seeing Hermione stomp past. Eve caught her arm and ragged her down to sit next to her.

"What's up with you?" Eve asked, as Hermione tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Harry Potter, is my problem." she said, sucking her cheeks in to hold back the tears. Eve looked at her with great concern.

"Why, what's happened?" she asked, holding her hand encouragingly. Hermione sidled to the end of the seat and got up.

"Nothing. I'm just stupid for beleiving that I would ever go out with him.... and enjoy it." she then returned the front carriages, leaving Eve alone to sit opposite the sleeping Draco.

When the train started to clack through teacherous forest areas of track, Eve knew that the Manor was near, and before she knew it, the great red beast had pulled beside a quiet station wedged into the sloping bank of trees. Eve slowly poked Draco awake, who panicked easily and hauled the bags up and ran off the train. The two of them watched it puff away, and then stood in the quiet of the forest for a minute.

"So, shall we?" Draco said, plodding up some wooden stairs smashed into the earth that lead up to a gravel path. Eve followed with all of her stuff, but it was hard work carrying the bags for more than 20 minutes. Draco turned around and saw her sturggling. "Pass them here, weako..." he laughed, as Eve literally tossed her bags onto him.

"How... much.... futher..." she panted, like she was heavily obese. Draco pointe down the hill, to a grey building nestled by a lake.

"Just down there, come on.." he said, moving off swiftly, like a happy hiker, whislt Eve trudged along at the back.

When the couple had reached the bottom of the hill, the grey Manor House towered above them, with it's eerie feeling. Ivy climbed up the brick wall, and the window panes had gone rusty, but managed to look vintage and posh, two Snake statues reared up outside of the heavy oak door, the limestone of them wearing away, so that thier tounges were useless long lumps. Draco dropped the bags outside of the door and sighed, bashing the door down.

"Fletcher!" Draco called, tapping his foot impatinelty, and when the door did finally open, a little weak house-elf stood there quivering.

"Master Malfoy, so glad to see you have returned home safetly." it said graciously, as Draco dumped the bags on the poor little thing.

"Fletcher, take these to my room please?" Draco commanded, not a tone of compassion in his voice. Eve smiled a bit to Fletcher, pulling two of the heavy bags off his small frame.

"Here, let me help..." Draco turned around to see this, and he snorted.

"Eve, he's a house-elf for a reason, give him the bags." Eve frowned to Draco, and stayed put.

"I'm helping him, the weight looks as if it will crush the poor little mite!" A booming voice then echoed from across the marble hall.

"I don't think that will be neccessary dear." It was Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, he was carrying around a staff with a tiny polished Snake's head on the top, and he would occasionally place it on the floor when he wanted to lean. Eve immeadiantly dropped the bags, as small Fletcher caught them and headed up the stairs.

"I was just er..." Eve rambled, before sighing and giving in. "I'm Eve Lyon, pleased to meet you sir." Eve said politley, as Draco's father took the bold move of kissing the tip of her dainty hands lightly.

"Lovely, Eve. I'm sure you're aware I am Lucius Malfoy." Eve smiled wanly, her cheeks flushing a bright rosy colour. She had never been approached so full on by someone's father before. The sound of high heels was heard from down the hall.

"I hear a new voice!" the voice chirruped, as a tall, slender woman clopped around to meet at Lucius' side.

"Yes dear, this is Eve Lyon, Draco's sweetheart. Eve, this is my wife Narcissa." Eve smiled to her as Narcissa shook her hand daintily.

"My, you are a good looking girl, isn't she just gorgeous, Lucius?"

"Sublime 'Cissa, sublime..." Eve felt so self-concious under thier praise and Draco rolled his eyes, waivering at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mother, father, we're going to get settled in now..." Narcissa smiled with Lucius as Draco and eve headed for the base of the wide marble bottom step.

"Don't be too long darling, we're having dinner soon." she said, clopping back off to the kitchen, as Lucius waivered in the hall for a bit, his glance fixated on his son and Eve walking up the stairs, before he moved off casually, his staff twirling in his hand in a swift action.

Draco flopped onto his silk sheeted bed and sighed.

"So sorry about that Eve.. they're very... hands on when it comes to new people." Eve went and sat down gracefully next to him.

"Well, they seem like lovely people to me." Draco laughed from behind his hands, and he dragged them over his face roughly. "Don't do that Draco, you'll ruin your skin." Draco removed his hands from his face and sat up and glared to her.

"You sounded like my mother just then..." Eve giggled, before gasping like she needed to say something.

"How should I address your parents?" Draco shrugged to her, laying back down.

"Lucius, Narcissa, Mr Malfoy, Mrs Malfoy." Eve sighed and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Well that's not helpful now is it?" Draco got up from the bed and went the mirror, fixing his sout and combing his hair.

"Just call them Lucius and Narcissa. You'll know if mother likes you because she'll allow you to call her 'Cissa." Draco then looked over Eve's appearence, she didn't look all to posh. She was wearing casual jeans and a stylish jacket and some fairly new converses. Draco then rummaged throuygh her suitcase, before Eve leapt up to him.

"Erm, excuse me Draco?" he looked up to her, his face red from the blood pouring to his head from devling into the suitcase.

"What?" Eve tapped her foot at him.

"You're lookint through my things?" she said, beginning to laugh, Draco sighed and contined to look.

"I'm your boyfriend, I am allowed to.." Eve gave in and sat back down as draco pulled out a black dress with silver sequins, some silver shoes and some diamante dangling earrings. "This is classy, put it on, you'll look amazing..." Eve sauntered into the bathroom and placed the dress it, she had transformed from ugly tramp to glamourous girlfriend. Draco marvelled at his creation like a fashion designer.

"You look dazzling..." Just in time, as Narcissa had called them down for dinner. Draco purposefully ran down to the bottom of the stairs first, so that he could show his parent's his beautiful girlfriend. Eve quickly dusted some grey smokey eyeshadow onto her eyelids, before running to the top of the staris, but slowing before anyone saw that she had been running. Eve thne gently and gracefully ascended the stairs like she did at Yule Ball, except this time, she was going to be in Draco's waiting arms. His parent's looked at her approvingly, as when she reached the bottom, Draco rather shyly grasped hold of her waist, he didn't like to show affection infront of his parents.

"Shall we?" Lucius said, leading the way to the dining room.