Chapter 16: Back To School

Eve submerged from the water, clearly frightened as to where Draco had gone, and she rushed about putting on her white tank top and long pyjama bottoms before rushing downstairs shoving on her slippers and darting out doors to find Draco on the Seat Swing, rocking backwards and forward ominously.

"Draco..." Eve said, slumping down next to him. Draco had small beads of sweat gathering on his forehead. "Draco, what's up?" Eve asked, looking intevtiley into his face. Draco hauled himself from the seat swing.

"Nothing Eve, I'm just thinking.." Draco said stoutly, stretching his arms up. Eve furrowed her brow.

"But you always say that, you surely cannot be thinking all of the time?" Draco snapped suddenly, jerking his head towards her.

"Yes, I can be thinking all of the time, because I'm a person who feels and thinks, my life descisions are based on thought!" Eve got up slowly from the seat swing. Heading for the back door slowly, the sunset glowing softly just beyond the hill, as Eve glared out towards it then took one last look at Draco, before going upstairs.

The rest of the holiday was dull and dreary. Draco apologised to Eve, and Eve apologised to him for making him snap, but thier relationship was bleak and they were never intimate, the only affection he showed her was a half hearted hug.

"Come on Eve, help me with the bags the train will be here soon!" Draco panicked, shoving a small plan of the assasination of Dumbledore into his suitcase before Eve caught sight. Eve yawned and undid her top button and did her tie up messily, shoving all of her clothes in her case. It made her depressed seeing all of those jeans and dresses, and now she was stuck in a horrible uniform. Eve and Draco dragged thier cases down the stairs, and Fletcher, Lucius and Narcissa were waiting at the door.

"Well, Eve it has been an eventful holiday dear," Lucius said, remembering when he had set the Crucio spell, but made her forget, of course Eve didn't have a clue about the families dark link with Voldermort.

"Well, I've been glad to be able stay with you. Thankyou for your hospitalilty Mr and Mrs Malfoy." Eve nodded graciously, as Draco pulled her out of the door.

"We'll be lucky if we see the train leave the platform at this rate." he said huffily, clasping Eve's wrist harshly. Eve yanked her wrist and patronizingly taking over him as the train drew up at the platform at that exact moment. Eve and Draco were one of the last people to get onto the train, but they managed to get one carriage to themselves, the train slowly jaulted forwards and Eve shoved her case into the overhead storage.

"What's up Draco?" she asked, slumping back in her seat, fiddling with her hair. Draco huffed, dusting off his shoulders, his movements jerky, like he was frightened. Today was the first Monday back, meaningthat night the DeathEaters were planning to assasinate Dumbledore, and planning to control Eve's mind. But they weren't aware that Snape had earlier protected her mind from Dark Control, so their plan was going to go horribly wrong.

"I'm fine Eve, really.." Draco lied, as the carriage door opened adn Lavender invited herself in.

"Eve Lyon, how was your romanctic getaway with Mr Malfoy here?" she asked, elbowing Eve slightly, Draco threw his head back in his seat, mumbling darkly to hiself.

"It was nice..." Eve said, keeping her glance on Draco. "Really nice." Lavender narrowed her glance to Eve.

"You don't sound like you mean it!" Lavender said loudly, as draco clenched his fists and craned his neck over the table.

"God your annoying..." he said snootily, as Lavender looked him up and down, disgusted.

"Er, excuse me sonny?" she patronized, as Eve huddled herself in the corner, Draco raising up and getting out of his seat.