Chapter 2: Back Atlast

Hogwarts was surpisingly warm despire the chills of early december, and Eve intook the old musty scent of the castle, and dragged her case along, her two best friends at her side. Eve smirked slyly as she saw Ron and harry strutting towards them, Eve used her wide hips to bump Lavender into Ron, and he staggered backwards as she hit him, after all, Lavender wasn't the lightest of girls,

"I'm so sorry!" she gasped, dusting off her top going bright red. Ron caught his breath and laughed.

"It's cool.." Eve and hermione stood there whilst they chatted. Eve noticed Harry xcoulnd't stop looking at her, so Eve took out her hairband, no it wasn't her hairband, Harry fiddled with the hem of his top and then nudged Ron's arm playfully, his green eyes still locked on Eve.

"Come on Ron, let's go..." they then both dissapeared around the corner, and Lavender spun round sharply to Eve.

"What the flup were you thinking? You made me look a right hob-nob!" Eve patted her on the back, leaning backwards because she was laughing so hard.

"Oh grow up! You loved it!" Lavender sucked in her shiny lips.

"Mhm. I did actually. Right, let's get back to the dorm." The spiral stairs were just half of the problem, when they finally hauled thier cases up there, they had to deal with the moving staircases. Hermione gawped at the long drop.

"Oh my stars..." she gasped, her brown wavy hair clasping at the sides of her face. Eve smiled to her encouragingly, placing one foot on the base of the first staircase, Lavender followed her, and shortly after so did Hermione. After 3 staircases Eve was into her stride, and she was about to place her foot down when the stairs jolted, and she got this horrible sickening feeling in her stomach, she heard her friends gasp behind her, it was then Eve was sure she was going to plummet down to her death, but a large pair of rather surprising soft hands caught around her large hips.

"Watch your step there!" A gentle voice called, Eve turned around, part of her black hair was windswept over her beautiful face.

"Oh.. Draco.." she said, exhaling harshly from the thought of nearly dieing. Draco let go of her waist quickly.

"You nearly fell. Pay more attention next time..." he said stoutly, moving past her reluctantly, like he didn't truly want to be mean. Once he had gone through the Slytherin Dorm door, Hermione and Lavender rushed to Eve's side.

"Woah, are you ok, I thought you were going to die!" exclaimed Lavender, hugging her friend. Hermione looked suspiciously to the Slytherin door, like draco was actually the oak door.

"I reckon Malfoy has got a soft spot for you Eve..." Hermione said softly, nudging Eve to get her attention.

"Really?" said Eve, trying not to sound too surpirsed. Lavender placed one hand on her defined curves.

"Yeah. He practically ran up the steps when he saw you teetering on the edge...." Eve smiled to herself, as they picked up the rest of thier luggage and carried it to the Gryffindor Dorm.

Even when she was supposed to be asleep, Eve couldn't stop thinking about that moment when Draco had grasped her waist. She was still debating whether he liked her or not. Eve couldn't sleep with these thoughts racing about her mind, so she took the daring decision to take a walk around the school to clear her head.

The people in the paintings were fast sleep, and the stone floor felt like ice under her feet, but Eve plodded on, not caring about anything but todays events. It was at that point when she was adjusting the light on her wand, that she ran into Harry, also on a night expedition.

"Oh hey Eve!" he said, rather happy to see her. Eve smiled warmly to Harry, as they stood in the awkward darkness of the corridor. "News going around the dorm was that you nearly toppled to your death from the top of the stairs!" Eve nodded, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"I know.. I need to pay more attention. So, what brings you out into the corridors this late.. if you don't mind me asking?" Eve said softly, twiddling her hair with her index finger.

"Bad dreams. You?" Eve blushed considerably. Thank god it was dark.

"I don't wish to confide in you Mr Potter.." she said playfully, trying her best to move past him.

"Oh come on Eve, I told you my reason, tell me yours!" Eve took a deep breath, and pushed her arms out like she was pushing the air out of her lungs.

"Ok... Draco saved me from falling and I'm having a walk to think about why he saved me..." Eve said, partially true. Eve could feel the mood drop, and she could almost imagine Harry's disconcerted expression.

"Oh. Right. Why did he happen to be about then?" Eve shrugged, not that Harry could see. "Huh?" he said because he couldn't see, and she didn't reply.

"I shrugged." Eve said bleakly, bored of her 20 questions with Harry. Everything fell silet again.

"Well, I should probably press on, if Snape catches us, we're doomed..." he then casually leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek, like they had been so close for a lifetime. "Night eve!" Harry called, moving past her. Eve was still in shock at this affectionate behaviour, and placed the pad of her finger on the warm spot on her cheek where his soft lips had kissed her.

"Night Harry?" she said, her voice confused, it was then that she headed back for the dorm.

Eve sat cross legged on the end of her small bed. She ran over fingers over the beautiful patched quilt, before flopping down onto her back. She couldn't beleive that she has male attention. Well, one is for sure, but the other was driving her crazy. She needed to know if draco longed for her, it was like she was hanging by a thread. Hermione then sat up in hr own bed, and saw Eve sitting bolt upright on her bed.

"Eve?" she asked timidly, clearly afraid. Eve turned her head to Hermione.

"Sorry if I startled you, but... yeah.." Eve said, finally falling backwards and going to sleep straight away.