Chapter 14: Dragon Whispering

Draco and Eve soon found themselves getting out of the cold water and drying themselves off. Eve tried her best to make herself look half presentable, but the rats tails hairdo just wasn't doing justice, she in the end she scraped it all back into a bun.

Towards the middle of the forest deep calls were heard. That sounded so very prehestoric and Draco stopped dead when a more graceful sounding roar was heard.

"That's our dragon..." he mumbled, treading carefully over the twigs and up a verge until Draco pulled Eve down at his side and they sat on a shapley boulder and overlooked a small black dragon chained up to a post. "Father bought that dragon about 3 months back, but no-one has tried breaking it in or anything, too vicious..." Eve got up carefully and side stepped down the bank, Draco quickly leapt up after her. "What do you think your doing?" he said shocked, Eve smirked confidently, treading over to the beast.

"Relax, worry pot, my grandfather tought me how to be at one with Gryffns, Dragons and Wolves. Eve then came face to face with the dragon, that was clearly startled so it reared up, choking itself because of the chain. "Oh, you poor thing.." Eve hesistated as she placed her hand onto it's snout, she could feel the hot breath from it's dry, scaley nostrils, and it nudged her hand ever so slightly. Eve beckoned Draco over with her free hand. "Place your hand where mine is... feel yourself connecting with your Dragon.." she said, backing off a bit, Draco closed his eyes, clearly pertrified, but he stayed put nonetheless, patting the Dragon's snout.

"Wow.." he said, awe-struck, circling his pet, if that's what you could call it. Eve then met up at it's side, as the dragon nudged her onto it's back with it's head. Draco looked at Eve and laughed unusrely.

"Your not really going to-?" Draco stopped, he didn't think it would be necessary to complete the sentence.

"Yes, I am going to ride it, now sit behind me.." she said, grabbing it's rubbery neck crest, and squeezing her ankles into it's sides. Eve turned around to look at Draco as the dragon was beginning to get ready to take off. "You can hold onto me if you want..." Eve smiled, looking to her waist, Draco tried to look courgeous, laughing.

"I'll be fine Eve." But when the mighty beast jolted it's body into the air, Draco lurched forward and clasped onto her like a baby monkey. The Dragon then flapped over the canopy of the spikey fir trees and the couple could see around for miles, over all of that forest. Draco rather reluctantly opened his eyes and gazed around,  the view was outstanding.

"So, what did you name your Dragon?" Eve asked, sitting calmly as the dragon flapped through the skies at a safe speed.

"Vathek." Draco said, gulping, looking down at the world below him. "Where did you learn to ride Dragons then?" Eve shrugged, like it was an average thing to do.

"Grandfather started me off on little ones, and then the size just grew..." Eve then raised off from the dragons neck slightly, still clasping tightly onto it's crest, and the dragon sped up in a burst of energy. Draco raised up to, his eyes firmly shut, still having hold of Eve's waist, before they both dipped back down into the forest. The dragon whirred up leaves and rocks as it hovered before landing. Eve slid off it's scaley sides and landed safely on the floor, Draco falling off after her, he dusted off his posh black polo shirt and sighed.

"Don't you dare make me do that again..." he said, walking back up the path to the pool, where his parents carrige was waiting.

Cissa and Lucius sat in the carrige smiling as Draco and Eve clambered in, Draco looking white as sheet.

"What have you done to him Eve?" Cissa joked, as Draco wobbled his leg nervously.

"We went to see the dragon.. she broek in and we went for a ride..." Draco quivered, looking out of the window with boggle eyes. Lucius and Cissa looked towards Eve.

"You work with Dragons? What a nice gift to have Eve." Lucius said, smiling to Eve who was nodding in gratitude.

"Yes.. it's all my grandfather really." They carrige fell into silence as it rolled into the gravel drive of the Manor, and Draco clasped onto Eve's hand, his own hand was clammy. Eve grimaced slightly, before laughing, as Fletcher the little house-elf opened the door.

"Thankyou." Eve said graciously, walking up to the door with Draco, as Lucius unlocked the door. The manor smelled so strange compared to the musky scent of the forest, it smelled like vanilla, and the family led the way in.

"So, what are you two up to now?" Cissa asked, placing some shopping bags on the hall table.

"Probably just have a chat and read or something." Draco lied, as Eve smirked. Cissa and Lucius nodded and headed back for the door.

"Ok, we're staying at Bellatrix's house for the night, so see you in the morning. They gently closed the door behind them, leaving Eve and Draco alone in the house... well, with Fletcher too.

Eve once again found herself sitting on the bed, glancing through The Malfoy's picture album of Draco, she was smiling at how cute he was when he was younger. Draco came out of the bathroom, wearing a towel, as a waft of warm, moist air came across the room, and tiny little droplets soaked on his abs.

"What are you looking at?" he said, using a smaller towel to dry his hair, Eve glanced up from the album smiling.

"Looking at little Draco pictures.." she cooed, as Draco rushed over cringing.

"Oh god... please don't look at them!" he pleaded, as Eve held the book close to her.

"But your so cute!" she laughed, peeking at the last page before snapping the book shut. He placed the book in a little draw in the cabinet and locked it.

"There. Now leave it alone." Eve sighed, getting up and kicking her slippers off. The blue slippers clashed with her soft pink satin nightdress that clung sensually to her curves and came just to her thigh. Eve then thrust herself back down onto the bed, getting under the duvet and snuggling up into it. Draco came out in his sleeping t-shirt.

"Don't go to sleep on me Eve." he laughed, slipping into bed also. Eve rolled over and faced him.

"Mhm, I don't know..." she yawned, her soft black hair splaed out over her pillow. draco began to laugh at her.

"Are you worried incase I catch Harry aids?" Eve laughed fakely, propping herself up on the pillow.

"Haha, no. You'll break me." she joked, looking at the seriousness on Draco's face.

"But really Eve, I want this to be special." Eve smiled to him, kissing him tenderly on the lips.

"I want this to be special to, but I know your much more competitve than Harry... so I have my doubts."

"Jesus Christ, Eve! I'm not going to snap you in half just because I'm competitve! I haven't got the thrust force of a crushing machine!" he laughed, getting on his hands and knees above Eve. Eve pulled him down to her, and at this moment in time, she didn;t care any more, it was the heat of the moment, if just washed all of her doubts away. Draco groaned pleasantly which caused Eve to laugh at him.

"Ha.. you sound so weird..." Draco rolled his eyes at her.

"Your ruining the moment..." he said, as Eve groaned back toh im, before he fell beside her, both of them gasping.

"Wow... I'm still in one piece." she joked, rolling over to face him. Draco twizzled a piece of her hair and gazed deeply into her green eyes.

"Yes you are, like I predicted, give me a medal for it." Eve laughed to him and switched off her lamp, nuzzling down into her pillow.

"Ha you wish, I know what I would give you a medal for though." Draco laughed and held her in an embrace as she went to sleep.

"I'm a get-it-right person Eve, and you know that." Before they both fell asleep, holding one another romantically.