Chapter 2 (Part 2)

I feel my head going down, plummeting down the narrow tunnel. My eyes close.

A sudden grip grasps my ankle. I hit one of the walls of the tunnel. My body begins to ache. At the top of the tunnel, I hear someone call, "Brody! Grab on to the ladder!" I slowly and lazily follow the instructions I was given.

I clutch the ladder I front of me. The grasp around my angle loosens, leaving me in an awkward position. I fix myself into a comfortable position on the ladder. I look up, regaining most of my consciousness. I see Connor staring down at me with large, horrified eyes.

"You alright?!" He asks, his voice was calm, but his eyes betrayed his emotions. "I... I think I'm fine..." I reply wearily.

My body felt a little achy... I look down at the tunnel. I look up and give a half-hearted moan. "I think it goes down to bedrock." I mutter through gritted teeth. "Well, let's go down to bedrock then." He responds. He quickly climbs down the ladder, forcing me down it as well. I grunt.

We reach the bottom before falling about five blocks into a casm. Pumf! Is the sound I hear when Connor lands on my back, forcing my face into the stone flooring. I mumble something and Connor gets up, laughing his ass off. I swear at him before punching him in the arm. He stopped laughing after that.

"So... Where are we?" I ask, my words bouncing off the walls of the chasm. Connor looks at me and shrugs. "Wonderland? I don't know." He smugly replies. I narrow my eyes. "I will hit you so hard, you're gonna-" I am inturupted. "Yeah I know. Just stop arguing and look for stuff." He mutters, resting his cold gaze on me. I shiver. Why was he being cruel suddenly?

I shrug it off and do as he says. Perhaps it's because I hit him too hard. ... Nah. He landed on me first. So I had every right to hit him. I think, attempting to convince myself I had done what was best... But I look for things anyways. I managed to scavenge about 7 iron ores, 3 coal, and some stone. I quickly make some torches with the wood I have, using up all but one stick. I hold out a torch when suddenly, the entire area was filled with light. Luckily I didn't have to ignite it... It does it for me. I think, amazed by how much light this small little torch was giving off.

"Brody!" I hear Connor's words bounce off the walls of the chasm. "I think you better see this..."

I rush through the chasm to Connor's side, where we are greeted by a small corridor... 2 blocks high, and 1 block wide. I give a nervous glance at Connor, but he keeps looking forward. I squint and see a dim... red... light. "Connor..." I begin, but something got caught in my voice box. "Let's go." He says grimly, and without waiting for my response, he walks into the dark tunnel, and his body was swallowed by the darkness.

I hold my torch in front of me and go after him. I eventually catch up. We pass about 5 torches. Then 9. Then 14... And we continue walking. Deep into the dark, where death may be waiting.