1

Let me introduce myself. I'm Indigo Bartoli, daughter of one of the designers at Gucci. It's not a big deal, just that I get loads of free stuff all the time, making me one of the most envied girls in school. Well, that and that I am the prettiest girl in school. You could say I'm queen bee in this town. Pacific Grove, CA that is. I hang out with everyone who is anyone, it's hard to be my friend. You know, popular people have to hang out with popular people, its just the normal thing to do. I haven't always been the most popular girl in school only until last year when Tiffany Groves' years of blemish free skin finally caught up with her. It's a shame really, no body talks to her anymore, I even heard she had to get some special cream, obviously that doesn't work.

So now, I rule the school with the help of my 3 best friends; Aiyana, Meghana and Eleanor. They all date the most popular boys in school, with my consent. I can't have them hanging out with any of the freaks now can I? I, on the other hand, I only date college boys. I don't have time to waste on these losers here. Don't get me wrong, it's not like none of the boys would jump at the chance to even have a conversation with me, because they totally would.

Ok, so that's how you'd expect me to think right? Wrong. I moved here in 7th grade and I was pretty, had long blonde hair and yeah it helps that my mom designs for Gucci. Growing up in this school was hard, being popular, people have all these misconceptions of what you are actually like. To tell the honest truth, I'm not too bothered about clothes or fashion. I'd rather just throw on a baggy pair of trackies and a vest top but with my mum being so into fashion she kind of forced me into it. She always uses the 'I work long and hard to buy you these things, the least you could do is wear them' excuse, guilting me into it.

Everyone expects me to be like this, the stuck up, snobby version of me, so it's just easier for me to pretend. They wouldn't want me if I wasn't like this. That's how you get to the top, you use people and betray them and you aren't meant to care about how many people you hurt.

You're probably thinking, why does she do all this if she hates it? Well I have two older sisters who were also little miss popular at their schools and my mum was too, my dad was also quarterback on his school football team so I kind of have a role to play in my family. They're a bit power mad. They want everyone to know who they are. So that means I have to as well.