•Chapter 22• (Finally Happy)

"What is going on?" Marcel asked glancing between all the faces staring at him and Louis all shocked like. Candy slightly paled but then she smiled, her normal skin tone soon returning.

"Nothing, is everything better now?" She asked instead. Louis smile widely and tightened his hold on Marcel's hand.

"It's getting better," Louis said, with a shy look towards Marcel, who in return also smiled while nodding. "I'll never hurt him again," Louis said staring right into Marcel's bright green eyes. Marcel blushed a light pink, but he too couldn't look away from Lou's loving gaze.

"Marcel, are you sure though?" A soft voice belonging to Liam piped up, his brown eyes still looking at Louis and Marcel's entwined hands. A look of annoyance flashed across Louis' face, but it was soon washed over with the look of patience and adoration as he waited for Marcel's answer.

"I'm sure I'm willing to give him another chance," Marcel finally said, his low voice, going from a slight murmur, to actually being loud, (loud enough to be heard across the room anyways.) Zayn visibly relaxed, maybe Louis wouldn't be doing drugs or drinking every chance he had.

Still, Liam looked shocked and doubtful but slowly he nodded and a smile crossed his warm face features. "As long as you're happy," He said, and just like that a sort of tension rose, the situation was okay, it was forgiven, never forgotten but what more could Liam ask for, then the forgiveness and happiness of Marcel, even if Liam still had his doubts on Louis. Louis would ever change or be "good enough," for Marcel, which is why Liam refused to make eye contact with Louis. Instead Liam walked over and plopped down on the couch.

At this point, Candy still stood by Marcel's side a look of happiness on her face as she looked at Marcel and Louis. Niall had a thoughtful look on his face as he sat on the cushion of the couch, and Zayn was still standing to the side, not really looking at anything...

"I just hope you're not going to regret it, like all those other times," Niall finally said as he came out of his thoughtful mode, setting his plate of food aside. A look of hurt crossed Marcel's happy face, and he frowned. Louis let out an angry noise and scowled.

"I'm not going to hurt him, we aren't even together, I just know from now on I'll be there for him, and take care of him, and love him, and I will wait, for as long as it takes," Louis said proudly.

Candy's heart filled with joy, things were finally looking up for Marcel. Marcel who was to kind, who hadnt deserved all these weeks sadness, might actually end up with a happy ending.

"Lou, maybe we should get going?" Zayn finally said, waking from his quiet stupor and making his way towards Louis.

Louis frantically shook his head, pulling Marcel closer to him. "No, I don't want to leave him yet," Louis said and he kissed Marcel's cheek, causing the never ending blush to reappear on his cheeks. Zayn was shocked to say the least by the simple gesture. Louis' friend of 2 years had never seen Louis so...caring.

"Oh, er- Im going to head out, I'll tell your mom where you are then," Zayn said, scratching the back of his head and pulling his leather jacket tighter around him, his dark blue jeans still hanging low on his waist. Zayn began to make his way out towards the front door.

"Zayn," Candy found herself calling out. Zayn froze but didn't turn back around. "Just forget what I said all right? It was completely pointless anyways," Candy said, as she tried to fight the tears away. Niall let out a disgusted laugh, rolling his eyes.

"This is going to get interesting, I'm done trying to help, none of you all listen to my Irish advice anyways," he said almost bitterly as he shoved another spoon full of pasta into his mouth.