So Take Your Hand In Mine

The Rebel Love Song (Jake’s POV) [So Take Your Hand In Mine]

We’d just arrived at the club, the beat was loud, and Andy and his bride were nowhere in sight. Jinxx absentmindedly tapped his fingers on the center console of the car, humming the tune to the new song we’d written. The benefit was in two days. I hummed along in the passenger’s seat.

Moments ticked by before Andy’s car pulled up next to Jinxx’s. Andy got out and rushed to the passenger’s seat to open the door for Scarlette. She stepped out, beautiful as ever, and I watched as Jinxx manually closed his jaw with his hand. Her purple and black corset top outlined her petite figure perfectly, and her skinniest jeans hugged her hips and legs, accentuating every single curve she had. Lina caught me staring and cleared her throat obviously. I coughed and looked away, but I could feel her jealous eyes piercing into me.

Damn Scarlette.

Everyone got out of the car and stood around outside while Andy had a cigarette and a few of us lit up our own for a quick puff or two. Now I can see why Scarlette might be pregnant, I thought to myself, casually observing her angelic silhouette. I turned to Lina, who was clearly envious of Scarlette, and pulled her into a hug. She smiled a little, and the jealousy melted a bit. I leaned in close for a kiss, eyeing her gorgeous pink lips. I looked up, searching her gorgeous eyes, and she threw her arms around my neck. Our lips met in an extraordinary kiss.

My eyes were closed tight, my hands around Lina’s tiny waist. The kiss pressed on, and with every second, I could feel it intensify. My lips pressed against hers, and I could feel her opening her mouth. She licked my lip, begging for entrance, but we were interrupted by the sound of Ashley mocking us with kissy-faced remarks and smooch sounds. I pulled away from the breathtaking kiss and shot daggers at Ashley.

He backed up nervously and bumped into Christian. CC, who was clearly aggravated by our public display of affection, shoved him. I watched Ashley fall on his ass, laughed, and offered a hand to help him up. He rolled his eyes at me and helped himself up. We all looked at each other, leaving an awkward silence among us, and decided to go in.

In the club, everything was surprisingly quiet for it being two days before a concert. Everyone in Six knew about Lina’s hospital trip, and everyone knew that we would be having a concert to raise money for the doctors that had helped her. It made a few people whisper when she walked in, still a little skinny, still a little pale, but I held her close to me and threatened anyone I could with my middle finger and an icy stare.

Most took it as a warning and shut up about her. Some decided to talk louder about her, about how they thought she’d done it to herself. She didn’t mean to put herself in the hospital, did she?

Five minutes after our arrival, a boy, about 15, came up to us with wide eyes. He had grey eyes and skater style black hair, which reminded me of Andy’s old haircut. He flipped his hair out of his face and smiled, fiddling with his snakebites and running his tongue over them. “Hey, you guys are the Brides, huh?” he said.

We nodded. Andy held out his hand, leaving one arm around his wife. The kid shook it and smiled. “And who might these young ladies be?” he asked, eyeing Lina and Scarlette like they weren’t wearing a stitch. I held back a growl.

The girls introduced themselves and smiled. I held onto Lina defensively and grimaced. I wasn’t about to almost lose her again. Hell no. The kid introduced himself as Chase, and he hung around talking to Ashley about what kind of bass would be best for his band. I grabbed Lina’s hand and led her toward the fully-stocked Rockstar fridge. Once out of earshot, I frowned and whispered in Lina’s ear. “You love me, don’t you?”