Let Us Start Living For Today

A/N: I'm unable to walk around a lot but.. I did get an opportunity to write this.. Enjoy it. Comment. <3 like<3 I LOVE y'all!

Let Us Start Living For Today

I haven't left Lina's side in three hours. Andy sat behind me, watching me watch her.

"Jake." he said.

"Hm?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of my girl.

"Watching her like that won't make her better, Jake." He said, walking up behind me.

"But...." I trailed.

"Let's get some food with the guys and Scars, okay?" he said, grabbing my hand.

I reluctantly stood up and followed him out to Scarlette's car. I found myself sitting alone in the back seat. Normally, Lina would be here, just because girlfriends had special access to the cool cars.

I frowned. This wasn't making me feel any better. I sighed.

After a long 30 minutes of staring out the small window at a light flurry of snowflakes falling to the ground, something Lina would've loved, I was nearly asleep.

The sun was barely rising. I wanted to sleep. But we pulled into the parking lot of a far away place. I groaned.

What if Lina needed me? How would we get back in time to say goodbye?

Apparently, my expression told all. Andy grabbed my shoulder and pulled me aside. "Jacob Pitts. What is wrong here? You need to stop. You need to start living for today." he said sternly.

I nearly broke down crying. "Andy, she could die." I said.

"Scars could have died, remember? I know it's scary, alright. I know you're fucking losing your mind. Ok? But you can't worry about her now." He said. "You have to live for today. That's how Lina lived. And will live. And that is how she wants you to live."

I let his words sink in. He was right.

"Ok." I replied.

Andy pulled me into the resturaunt. I groaned but followed close behind as we passed through rows of empty tables and chairs. Finally, we got to the table where the entire band was sitting.

Scars had food already on the table. I sat down next to CC and Ashley. They looked at me appologetically. "She's gonna be fine." CC said.

I frowned. I knew it wouldn't be certain but I nodded anyway.

We said a short prayer for Lina and ate. I wasn't too hungry. I pushed my food aroud on my plate.

Andy glanced at me from across the table. I nodded.

it was time to start acting like a man. i smiled.

I couldnt be sad forever because Lina was in the hospital. i'd have to feel better eventually, so why not start today.

"Hey, Ash?" I said, nudging Ashley.

"Huh?" he asked, looking up from his phone.

"They have a guitar hero machine over there... Wanna play?" I asked.

He glared at me defensively. "Hell yeah! I call the bass!"

"Fine! I get the guitar!" I yelled, smiling and running for the game.

We picked a KISS song and played. I eventually did way better than Ashley. He was kind of upset at that. I laughed.

"That's not fair, Jake!" he whined.

"Haha, tough shit Purdy!" I replied.

-Later-

I was at the hospital. Still waiting by Lina's side. I hummed softly to the tune of the song that Andy had dedicated to Scarlette.

Andy walked up behind me and began singing with my humming. "I open my lungs, dear. I sing this song at funerals, no rush. These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush. Baby boy you've held so tightly..."

Scarlette took over in a soprano voice. "This pain. It visits almost nightly..."

I paused. "Missing hotel beds, I feel your touch. I will wait, dear. A patient of eternity, my crush... A universal still, no rust..."

All of us sang together. "No dust will ever grow on this frame. One million years and i will say your name. I love you more than I can ever scream."

The singing faded back into a bunch of solos.

I listened intently while watching Lina's face. Every once in a while, someome sang a new song.

Andy began tossing around ideas for a new song. I had one idea, if Lina made it through this coma. Rebel Love Song.

I stood up and walked to the desk. "Hi Jake!" the eccentric receptionist said, waving wildly.

"Hello there, Kandi." I replied, humming The Mortician's Daughter still.

"How's the band? Do y'all need anything?" she asked.

I shook my head. I didn't need anything but Lina to be better.

Lina's doctor walked by. I stopped him. "Is Lina getting any better?"

He smiled hopefully. "She's starting to show a reaction to the treatment. She should open her eyes in the next few weeks." he said happily.

I thanked him. Just as I was about to walk away, the doctor called my name. "Jacob! I just wanted to say, you are very dedicated to Lina. And your band... Will you consider a benifit concert for Rosswood?"

I didnt have to think twice. "We'll do it."