To Take What's Mine

A/N: I really couldn't stand not writing now that i have ideas, so here we are. Enjoy<3

To Take What's Mine

-Lina-

It was cold. Silence enveloped the entire outside world. Inside, I knew there would be those families and friends about to sit down and enjoy their evening together. I, however, walked alone outside.

I had my hands in my pockets, wandering through the empty streets. My iPod was blasting loud, playing a very familiar song.

It could've been my last song to my life, I now realize.

I stepped along on the sidewalk, humming the tune. A few miles more, and I'd be at the trainstation. That would be the end of the line for me.

I found myself nearing a packed resturaunt. Inside, I saw the girls from earlier today that had caused me so much pain. I rolled my hoodie sleeves up to reveal the scars and gashes I'd given myself.

I frowned. There wasn't a chance I was heading in there, even if someone could provide me with a reason to live.

I kept walking, knowing soon, people would forget about me for good. I stumbled past Paige Morrison's house. She may have been the only one to care about me, but I didn't stop to tell her my plan.

I walked along the side of the road. It should be my last long lonely walk.

I saw a happy couple across the road. No. I turned the music up. Someone was calling me. I heard a swerve. A crash. And suddenly, I was cold.

-Jake-

It was quiet in the house. I sat alone on my couch, waiting for Lina to arrive at my house.

Suddenly, the phone rang.

I jumped up, thinking it was just a call from Andy. I was wrong.

"Is this Jacob Pitts?" a voice said.

"Yes?" I replied, twiddling my thumbs.

"Lina's been in an accident. Come to Rosswood Hospital as soon as possible. She's in critical condition."

I hung up, worried. I needed to see my Lina-bear.

I drove quickly in silence.

The waiting room in the ER was silent. Cold. Unforgiving. A doctor walked by, and I stopped him. "I need to see Lina." I said urgently.

He looked at me, his face hard with worry. He took my hand and pulled me down a long hallway.

I could hear the steady beeping of a heart monitor. The doctor stopped in front of a room with a small window in the door. I couldn't see in, though I was dying to see Lina. Before I could get in, he grabbed my arm. "She's..in critical condition, Jake." he said.

I nodded, feeling tears swell up in my eyes. I wanted to cry. "She may not open her eyes tonight. At this point, we're lucky if she lives." he continued.

I looked down. Finally, he let me in. I ran to the side of the bed. Lina's perfect hair was messed up. She had cuts on her face, her eyes were bruised, and her lip was busted. Her eyes were closed, very still.

Except for the beeping and the long, drawn out sound of a machine helping my baby breathe, the room was silent.

I knelt at her side. I grasped her hand gingerly and felt hot tears trickle down my cheeks. I knew crying wouldn't make her better, but I couldn't stop. "Lina, wake up." I whispered.

Silence filled the room still. A little louder, I said, "Lina. Please wake up."

She didn't move. I sat there, sobbing. My hair was disheveled. I was tired. Nothing was getting better. I called Andy.

"Hulloh?" he grumbled.

"Andy."

"Jake, it's 3 am!" he yelled.

"Lina was in an accident." I said.

"I'll be right there." he replied, suddenly so serious.

I sobbed. No matter where I asked, no one knew what happened to Lina. No one knew why she got hit. All I knew was that she was hurt. Badly.

I sat alone and waited for someone to come that would help me feel better. A half hour passed and Andy showed up. Scarlette came 15 minutes later in her camaro with blankets and pillows.

"Are you ok? How is she?" Andy asked as soon as he saw me.

"I'm alright. She's so... broken." I replied.

Scarlette kissed me on the forehead. "She's gonna be ok, Jake."

I looked down, but I didn't say anything. I just silently prayed to whatever God I had never believed in. I needed Him now.

Lina needed Him now.