We Can Leave It All Behind

The Rebel Love Song: We Can Leave It All Behind

It was three days til the benifit concert that we'd  arranged with the hospital, and I still didn't have a song to sing. I'd been writing with Andy for hours, but we still didn't have enough good material to write a full on song. So far, we had a good idea of the guitar parts, and a really good drum beat going on. All we needed now was the bass and the lyrics.

I watched Ashley sit with his bass in the next room. Andy and I had transformed my living room into a total pigsty writing this song. Empty pizza boxes littered the floor. Cans had been discarded everywhere. Lina brought us another hot box of Domino's as we chugged sodas and tapped our pencils on the semi-blank pages of our songbooks. There was almost no way to think of words except to let the words come naturally, which they just were NOT doing. Another method was to sleep, but we didn't have the time.

I lifted the lid to the hot cheese pizza and scooped up a slice. I shoved a huge portion of the slice into my mouth. "Ow! Hot!" I screamed, spitting the hot cheese into my hand.

Lina laughed from the kitchen. "Babe, it's hot, watch out!" she said, as if it just crossed her mind.

"Too late!" I laughed. I attempted to eat the pizza again, swallowing the cooled cheese and crust. I gulped down the rest of the slice and chugged down another can of Coke. Still, nothing came to my mind.

I leaned back against the couch cushions. I closed my eyes briefly. Memories from my relationship with Lina flooded my mind. Andy sat up. "You're thinking of Lina, aren't you!" he asked, quite obviously meaning that he could TELL that I was thinking of the time that we'd first met.

I sat up and opened my eyes. "I can't hide what's on my mind. Sorry." I said, blushing quite noticably.

Andy's eyes got wide."That's it!" he yelled, standing up, brandishing a pencil and holding up his songbook like the statue of liberty.

I looked at him, thinking he was insane. "What do you mean, that's it?" I asked, grabbing another can of Coke and opening it.

I opened the box and pulled out a cooled slice of cheese pizza. I munched on it as Andy gathered his thoughts in his mind, staring at the blank page. He wrote something, then showed me the paper. I read it. "Sing it," I told Andy, handing him the lyric sheet, which now had one line on it.

He took in a deep breath and sang that line. "I cannot hide, what's on my mind."

I called the other guys into the room and had them play an intro and go up until that line in the song, which was the first and only one. Lina walked into the room and smiled. "That was perfect, you guys."

Finally, we were getting somewhere! The song would be done in no time.

Soon, the song was nearly finished. Andy added the last touches on the vocals. Finally, it was time to relax. Since everyone was already at my house, we had a super huge mass sleepover. It was midnight by the time Andy wrote the last word of the new song. Jinxx was strumming absentmindedly on his guitar. I was holding Lina in my lap, smiling at her. Christian was trying to balance a drumstick on his nose, which was not working out, and Ashley was falling asleep on the floor with a half-eaten slice of pizza in his hand.

Suddenly, Andy stood up rather violently and yelled, "It's done!"

Ashley sat up, startled. "Who took my money?!"

I laughed. Jinxx set his guitar up in the stand and looked at Andy. "Well," Andy said. "It's done. What else do you want from me? Do I need to, like, kiss you all or something?"

Everyone rolled their eyes and groaned as we got off the floor. I directed everyone to go to their normally designated "sleeping areas" in my house, which were already defined from previous nights like tonight. I smiled weakly as I led Lina upstairs to my room. For the size I am, I had a HUGE bed that would accomidate both of us. As I went into the hallway to let Lina change, Andy winked at me. "Bringing a girl into your room, Jake? Ooooh!!!" he joked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're just upset that Scarlette isn't here, Biersack." I laughed.

He smiled and rolled his eyes back, then went off to find his place to sleep, which I believe was my upstairs couch. I went back to chill with Lina and watch TV. I was tired from being up, helping Andy write, and playing my guitar. My fingers hurt like no other. I was ready to sleep. Instead, I laid down with Lina and started to watch TV.

I got super excited when I saw the commercial for BVB's Set The World On Fire album on MTV, but I changed the channel. Finally, I looked through my recorded shows and saw that I had recorded, like, seven million episodes of Regular Show. I looked at Lina, who was falling asleep, and I turned the TV off.

I grabbed Lina and held her close. "No matter what, I love you, ok?" I whispered.

She half-nodded and fell asleep in my arms. Soon after that, I drifted off to sleep.

A/N:

Gawsh, you guys! It's been a few days since I actually posted something and it's been forever since I updated this story, so this is the chapter I owe you. Thanks for reading, I'll be sure to add something interesting in the next chapter for this one, as I've already got it all planned out :D and it's gonna be SOO awesome. Those of you who are Andy/Scarlette fans, you may wanna remember to read this chapter. It's gonna be kinda long so.... I may have it out around... January 20-January 25. Keep your eyes peeled for that chapter. It's gonna be amazing<3 Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, but since I can't read your mind through the computer, comment your reactions so I can determine how I'm doing as far as writing. I love all my fans, as I've said many times before! I can't wait to continue the story<3

Love and hugs and LOTS of Jake Pitts and Andy Biersack to come<3

From

Shadow