Hearts Will Sacrifice

*****Andy's POV... Still...*****

I turned to face a beautiful girl I'd seen many times before. Her hair fell past her shoulders, her eyes had a familiarly wonderful sparkle to them, and she was shorter than most young women I'd met before. A soft blush brightened her face, and she smiled at me.

Immediately, I jumped up off the couch, running to my bride and hugging her. She laughed as I almost knocked her over. I smiled.

"Scarlette!" I exclaimed, picking her up and twirling her around excitedly.

She laughed happily, but her face suddenly grew sad and dark. I frowned, setting her down on the couch where I sat beside her. Scarlette began to cry, single and perfect tears slowly trickling on her cheeks. I wiped one away, confused by her sudden sadness.

"Scars, what's the matter?" I asked, moving her hair and tucking it behind her ear.

Scarlette remained quiet, though occasionally sniffling. I wondered what was the matter, but I didn't ask again. I knew that when she was ready, she would tell me what happened. Instead, I held her in my lap, allowing her to rest her head on my chest. She continued to cry, her tears falling on my arm. I bit my lip, worried, as possibilities floated around in my mind.

Was the baby okay? Oh, God, please let everything be okay!

Did she want to leave me? I wouldn't blame her...

Was it something else I said? Oh, damnit.

Maybe she was just stressed? I hope everything's alright..

Finally, Scarlette looked up, her eyes still wet from all the tears she'd shed. I looked into her eyes, searching for an answer as to what was wrong with my beautiful wife.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, my lip beginning to quiver as I felt tears building up.

"Andy, if I could explain it... I would... But it's not something I can find the words to say." She said slowly, twiddling her thumbs.

I placed a hand on her stomach.

"Is the baby okay?" I asked, feeling even closer to crying.

Scarlette looked away, silent.

--

The hot tears began to pour as I moved her and stood up.

"No. No. No, no, no, no, no. The baby has to be okay." I said, pacing around the room, shaking.

Scarlette sat silently on the couch, a hand on her belly, crying. I collapsed on the floor, sobbing hard as I attempted to figure out what could have gone wrong. Someone knocked on the door, and I screamed at them to leave us alone. The unwanted visitor muttered something, but I paid no attention.

"How could I let this happen?!" I screamed, crying into the floor.

For a while, things were silent except for my unnecessarily hard labored breathing and sobbing. Someone came in. Scarlette and the person I couldn't see whispered to each other, and someone put a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up into the face of Ashley, who looked very sad.

"Andy," he began in a soft tone.

I fought to keep myself from simply busting into tears again.

"It'll be okay... Let Scars explain it all to you."

--

Author's Note:

Hiya guys.. Sorry for the late update and the short chapter... this was the best I could do and I know some of you were DYING for a new chapter on this story, so here you go. Feedback appreciated, comments loved, sharing with friends is even better.. Sorry I've been absent as of late.. I'll try harder.

-S.