Chapter 41

The Mediterranean Cafe was closed for a week because Paola was attending Arianna's funeral ceremony

The Mediterranean Cafe was closed for a week because Paola was attending Arianna's funeral ceremony. The funeral was held at the church and the agents from the secret intelligence agency were attending to mourn their head of the agency. The Vongola and some other mafia family were attending as well to give last respect to the only descendant of the Vongola's First Cloud. 

When Tsuna received the news about Arianna's death, Hibari explained that he did receive her last message two days before she died. She told him that someone was planning to overthrow Vongola and they would be the worst enemy after Pyotr Morozov. He was suspicious and he contacted Arianna's assistant only to be told that she was reported missing.

Her body was found in the motel's restroom. She was shot in her head and they were signs that she had fought with her murderer.

I was saddened by the tragedy to befall on her. She had an unhappy marriage and had lost her unborn child. I wanted to know who was the one murdered Arianna.

Paola was sitting in front of Arianna's grave after the funeral ceremony was over. She was accompanied by her grandniece's assistant and Yuni. Tsuna and I joined them and Paola had a sad smile on her face. She told us that Arianna often involved with her dangerous missions.

"I knew something was wrong when she bid farewell to me. She would usually say 'I'm off to work' or when she had to work overtime, she would call to tell me that she was unable to return home. But this time, she suddenly thanked me for taking care of her. I didn't receive any calls from her and I was worried. So, I looked for her assistant and she told me that her boss was missing. I guess you know the rest of it."

"The boss is the strongest person I've ever met. I find it hard to accept the truth that she was murdered," the assistant explained.

"I agree," I spoke out. "Arianna would not let herself killed. Something is wrong about it."

"It's no use talking about it. She won't return," Paola sighed. "She suffered a lot and she is now able to reunite with her parents and her unborn child."

"...I'll find that murderer, Paola."

The assistant, Paola and I stared at Tsuna and he had a serious look on his face. He was determined to search for the murderer so that Arianna could rest in peace.

"I'll find her murderer or else, she won't be able to rest peacefully."

****************************************

"Sawada, I have something to say but I was afraid to tell you about it."

"Why do you need to be afraid of, Yuni? You didn't do anything wrong to me."

"It's...it's about Arianna. I knew she was already dead before she was reported missing."

Tsuna and I were in the study room with Yuni while waiting for the allied families to attend an important meeting. The Giglio Nero boss wanted to talk to us privately after we returned from the funeral ceremony. She had been troubled about it for days.