chapter 25

I was lost in thoughts

I was lost in thoughts. I knew about my father's real job that led to his death. There was no way I would tell all these to my mother. My meeting with Arianna had to remain secret and that means I could not tell this to anyone, even to Tsuna. I was confused. How was I supposed to know how to crack the secret code to get that piece of information? Yes, I was my father's daughter, but I do not know anything at all. And the hell no I would leave Vongola just for that thing.

Think about it, [Full name]. This information will determine the future of the world.

The words she told me gave me a tension feeling inside me. She seemed to pressure me to accept her mission and I declined, explaining that I could not do anything that led me to betray Tsuna and others. I made a word that I would not break the omerta after joining the Vongola.

I had never heard anything from Arianna after that secret meeting and things were getting busier lately.

*****************************************

I had been going around the whole city of Sicily just to deliver the documents to the allied mafia families and I was taking a lot of time to make a call to decline any small meetings from the minor families. Tsuna made me do it because he recently received alarming news from Byakuran. Yuni's sudden disappearance was a great shock to all of us and the one with the highest killer intent was Reborn.

The current condition was getting worse day by day.

After I was done declining all the meetings, I placed down the phone and I took some rest. I was sitting alone in the town's lake garden since I needed peace to finish all my work. The schedule was surprisingly almost empty and I need to fill in some with a few important meetings. Soon, I was looking at the e-mail I received from Arianna a week ago. I wonder what she would do next after I refused to accept her sudden mission.

I slowly started to feel bad for not helping her.

"Hey, Ayano!"

I snapped and I looked up to see who was calling out for me. Don Cavallone was smiling brightly at me and I waved at him. He took a seat beside me and he was tired as well. It looked like he wanted to take a break as well.

"Are you done with your work like a boss?"

"Maybe I'm done but it'll come back again after this," Dino sighed. "It's getting even more complicated. First, Naito's loyal subordinate got hurt to protect him. Now, Yuni is missing. Reborn is pretty mad about it and I could not do anything to calm him down."

"Of course he's mad. Yuni had been like his daughter and her grandmother was his good friend," I smiled sadly. "Why would someone wanted to try to hurt her?"

"It's a dirty tactic for trying to bring down the mafia family that way. I really can't wait to find out who is that secret organisation's leader."

"You are not the only one though. Tsuna had been working so hard to find Yuni and he was making sure that they will pay for it."

"That fiery little fratello," Dino commented. "I get that he's really busy, but shouldn't he at least pay some attention to you?"