Chapter 36

Chika, Hanako and I were on the way back to her mansion where most of my former classmates and schoolmates gathered for her birthday celebration

Chika, Hanako and I were on the way back to her mansion where most of my former classmates and schoolmates gathered for her birthday celebration. I was being forced to join so that everyone had a good glimpse of me. We soon arrived and we got off from the car until one of Hanako's servant came over with her delighted look.

"Miss Hanako, the guests are here and they are waiting for your return."

"Great, let's get it started," Hanako smiled and passed all her belongings to Chika's arms. "Get all these things inside my room and pick one dress for me from my closet. I want a dress that can catch everyone's attention."

"Yes, Hanako," Chika replied and she hastily grabbed all the items before some of them fell on the ground. 

I stared back at her with my unbelievable look. She was treated like a servant more than a friend.

"Oh, [Last Name], be sure to come to the living hall. Everyone is waiting to see you again," said Hanako gleefully.

"They are waiting for you, not me," I said bluntly. "I'll go with Masaaki."

Hanako pursed her lips with dissatisfaction before she went inside her mansion. I followed Chika from behind and we walked to Hanako's large bedroom. She placed all the items on the bed and quickly went to the wardrobe to find a dress. I looked around the room and it was as big as Tsuna's study room, only that it was painted with soft pastel colours. 

A large portrait of Hanako with her convocation robe and mortarboard hat was hung on the wall. There were certificates as well and it was hard for me to believe that she would accomplish well.

Chika returned with two cocktail dresses in different colours. One was pink and the other one was yellow. Both of the dresses looked like it was worn by the princesses of the royal family- 

It was only a birthday party, for heaven's sake! How about wearing a frilly wedding dress if she wanted attention that much?? 

"[Name], I can't decide which looks better for Hanako-san," Chika complained as she stared at the two dresses. "She has hundreds or thousands of dresses to choose from and these are the only ones I find them attractive."

"Oh, God! Just pick one and get it done!" I sighed with irritation. "I don't understand why she needs all those dresses if she's not going to wear all of them."

"She's a high-class designer. She needs all those to meet her potential clients," Chika grinned. "So, which one is better?"

"...I don't know. You decide."

"I don't know either! It's so hard to decide which one fits Hanako-san better!"

"...Fine, yellow then. Pink is too girly for someone professional like her."

"Thanks!" Chika squealed and placing back the pink cocktail dress back to the wardrobe. "At least you have a good taste in fashion. Not bad."

I gave an awkward laugh. I attended many mafia parties that I often see women with their high-class dresses and jewellery.