chapter 12

I was stuck in the lift with Don Cavallone at a very wrong time

I was stuck in the lift with Don Cavallone at a very wrong time. I had no time to deal with him and I did try to push him out from the lift but it was too late. He hastily went in and the lift's doors were closed. Only both of us, staring at each other with the lift going down to where I should be going.

"Okay, you've found me. What are you going to do?" I asked to break the awkward silence between us.

"To continue where we left off," Dino answered with his arrogant tone. "It seems that you still have your right arm back. I thought that you're losing it."

"Your ability to 'freeze' my right arm gives me a freaking heart attack!" I snapped angrily. "It is lucky that Byakuran could fix that damage I suffered."

"But what are you going to do when it happens again? You can't even see any flames and he is not always around to help you."

"Are you implying that I will be dead for sure?"

"If I can help you with that."

Before his hand could ever touch the bullwhip at his waist, I quickly waved my hands at him to warn him that something bad was about to happen.

"Yeah, if you want to kill me, I will allow you to do so! But please, not now! We are all in deep trouble!"

"What the hell are you talking about??"

"That mayor! He's the one who is responsible for all the recent arson attacks and he's planning to kill off the Vongola and other mafia families!"

"H-How did you know-"

"There's no time for questioning! We need to get back to Tsuna now before the mayor does something!"

Dino was slightly confused and I was trying so hard to explain until the lift suddenly stopped moving, leaving both of us in total darkness. I knew this would happen because the mayor was trying to stop me from informing others about the upcoming arson attack. I took out my phone to try to call Tsuna or Gokudera but there was no line. I realised that it gave notice of a poor connection.

"It looks like the mayor had started his move," the blond suddenly commented in the dark. "Because he knows a possible eavesdropper is escaping using the lift, so he tried to stop the lifts from functioning."

"Damn it!" I cursed angrily. "If I knew this would happen."

"What are you talking about?"

"If I knew that this charity event would be the arsonist's target, I would have..."

"Have what? Stopping Tsuna from attending this event?"

"Exactly! Now that he's going to be dead in this burning building and it's all my fault!"

"It would be better if you're not badmouthing about my little brother..." Dino muttered with dislike.

"I'm not talking bad about your brother! I'm just stating what I want to say!"