chapter 11

I was watching the news on my laptop and the tensed look on my face did not go away

I was watching the news on my laptop and the tensed look on my face did not go away. The arson attack had been occurring not only in South Italy but in North Italy as well. The supposed culprit was yet to be caught and the arson attack had claimed many lives. Most of the victims were from the not-prominent mafia families. It made me think that this culprit hated mafia so much that they would commit this act.

I took the tablet to check the next day's schedule and there was an only one-day event we need to attend. It was a charity event hosted by the newly elected mayor from one of the Italian states and he was inviting all the VIP's to attend this event.

This included some famous families like the Vongola, Giglio Nero, Shimon and even Cavallone. I wondered if the new mayor knew that these families were from the mafia because I knew that these politicians would not want to be involved with the criminal organisation. With the recent arson attacks, I even confront Tsuna about this matter and I was not sure if it was the wisest decision to attend that event.

"There is only one event for tomorrow. The charity event is organised by the newly elected mayor and he is inviting the Vongola Famiglia and some other prominent families to attend."

"Oh, the newly elected mayor? I heard that he has a lot of support from the citizens compared to his competitor. The charity event is going to be grand."

"But what about the arson attacks, Tsuna? What if the culprit targets us as they did to other mafia families?"

"Ayano, I'm sure that they are not going to attack the mayor's charity event since they hate mafia families."

"I don't think they are dumb enough to find out that the Vongola is from the mafia."

I noticed that he was glaring at me and I quickly apologised.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult. I'm just worried if we or anyone else become that attacker's next target."

He sighed and gave a convincing smile at me while ruffling my hair gently.

"I won't let that happen, Ayano. I will not let anyone die during that event."

I looked at the time and it was getting late. I placed all my important things in my briefcase and getting ready to sleep early. I was not looking forward to that event but we had to attend.

This was the starting of the day I would get myself involved with a dangerous mission. Or a job.

****************************************

The charity event was held at the grand hotel located in Milan. It was quite far away from Sicily, the main reason why I need to sleep and get up early. I was half sleepy in the dark morning and I still need to make sure that everyone had breakfast before leaving.

Aside from sleepy Tsuna, it took me a great effort to wake Lambo up and reminding him lots of times that we have an important event to attend. As soon I was done with this young guardian, I sped up straight to Tsuna's room to see if he was ready or not. He was already prepared and I was telling him that we had about thirty minutes before heading to Milan.