Chapter 33

"Anya, I

"Anya, I...I want to apologise to you and your parents...about Sevastyan's death-"

"No, it's not your fault! No one never expected this to happen."

"You did not blame me for this?"

"We never blame you. We thank you for bringing his body back to us. He had been protecting the children even if he knew he would be dead."

I was discharged from the hospital after two weeks and I asked for Tsuna's permission to go to Russia so that I could bring Sevastyan's body back to his family. As he was a part of the CEDEF, Tsuna suggested that the current external advisor, Basil should follow along. 

The moment we met, I gaped with shock because it was the same person I met at the airport. Basil was surprised too ("Oh, you're one helped me picking up my phone, right?") and we introduced each other formally. 

He explained that he and Sevastyan were Iemitsu's students when they were still the CEDEF agents and they used to be rivals. Ten years had changed them so much that Basil gained full respect from Sevastyan after taking over the CEDEF as the new external advisor. His death gave a great impact to Basil and he decided to visit the Golovanov family to tell more about their son aside from his sincere condolences. 

Thanks to their help, Basil, Tsuna and I managed to save the hidden children from Sevastyan's grandfather's house and they were soon returning home to their beloved families. It was rather tiring but I was happy to see that everything was settled. Though I could not forget that Pyotr Morozov was still on the loose. 

"You're so quiet, Ayano. Are you still not feeling well?"

"I...I'm just thinking."

Tsuna and I were stopping by at one spot where we sat and looking at the colosseum. He said that he wanted to bring me out for a walk after I was discharged. Right after our work in Russia, we had been walking around the city of Rome. It was fun and I was able to relax my mind. When I settled down, I had been thinking about something after I joined the mafia world.

"Am I considered a killer after what I have done to Clelia Federigo?"

"Why would you say that?"

"I...I never wanted to kill someone," I explained with my confused look. "Most of my time, the only severe thing I had done was punching and kicking some number of delinquents at my school and to those who tried to take advantage of my mother. Nothing involves death. But, after I pushed Clelia away, she fell into the frozen lake and was drowned to death. I killed her. and it was no wonder she had been haunting me in my dreams."

I was waiting for his reply as I looked back at the colosseum. More tourists were coming to visit and I was envious at them. They were the people who were free from the mafia world. They would not have to witness more violence and deaths unlike me.

"I envied them too. These people are lucky to stay in a better universe than we do."

"Yeah, I agree-" I glanced back at the brunet with surprise. "How did you know what I am thinking?"