chapter 20

"

"...Minoru Ayano."

"Y-yes, Tsuna?" I spoke but it sounded more like a mutter. His grip on my wrist was surprisingly strong that I could not shake it off from him.

"I think you're aware that I do not tolerate any unexplained situations. I am not deaf. I can hear what you say and I am just giving you a chance to fully explain to me."

"H-how would I s-start? I mean, it's like..." I stuttered and my heart was beating even faster when he slowly lifted my chin with his finger. His lips curved into that sadistic smile and he nuzzled my nose with his nose. I was going to faint in seconds.

"So, Ayano. Care to explain to me? Or perhaps, do you want me to help you...to explain better?"

His voice was getting deeper......and seductive.....

"I-I'm sorry! I need to get back to sleep!"

I was not aware of what I had done. All I knew that I roughly pushed Tsuna away from me and I ran out from his room. Gokudera was about to enter his room but I ignored his presence. I ran straight back to my room and locked behind me. I panted and I tried to forget what had just happened. Was he trying to tease me until I was out of my mind? I could have just pushed him away earlier but I could not do so.

It felt like I was unconsciously responding to him.

This was so bad. I knew that I like him and I could not expect him to like me as well. Even after Kyoko encouraged me to express my feelings towards him, I was not fully confident that it will work well.

What if he rejected my feelings?

*******************************************

"I've heard from Hibari that you're not fully concentrating on your training. Is there something bothering your mind?"

I looked even gloomier than that day. My disturbed mind caused me to unable to focus on what I was doing until I ended up getting hit by that skylark. Yamamoto came in to see what he could do to help me.

"He's mad at me, right?" I mumbled. "I knew that he was mad at me."

"Maybe he is but seeing that you have some sort of a conflicted mind, he decided to dismiss the training until you're ready," Yamamoto grinned. "He knows your potential better, that's why he can find his free time to sharpen your fighting skills."

"Right..." I sighed. "I'll apologise to him later."

"You should," the Rain Guardian added. "Say, what has been bothering you lately?"

"You can laugh at me if you want," I started to explain. "I've lost my father when I was young. I'm different from any girls. I act and I dressed up as a guy so that I can protect my mother. Most of the boys or men were my enemies because they tried to take advantage of my mother. I said to myself that I won't trust any of them. But, since the day I've joined Vongola, lots of things had changed."