Chapter 32

A month had passed since the incident and it felt like it had happened yesterday

A month had passed since the incident and it felt like it had happened yesterday. I was immediately sent to the intensive care unit due to serious injuries and blood loss. I remained unconscious for weeks and Tsuna had been accompanying me almost every day. I knew that he continued talking to me so that I could respond to him. While I was still unconscious, I heard many things he said in my empty dream.

"[Name], do you remember the last time, you said you wanted to see your mother? You even said that you want to see the fireworks together with all of us."

"It's already over and we did overcome that obstacle. So the only thing left to do is to watch the fireworks during the summer season. That is why, you need to wake up. Everyone is waiting for you."

"I'm...waiting for you to wake up too."

Those were the only things I heard from him and I later drifted off to another dreamless sleep. I did not know how long I had been asleep but all I knew that there was a nightmare that made me woke up in sudden.

I was standing in the middle of the snowfield alone and it was deathly quiet, except for the sound of the wind. I called out for anyone and there was no response. It felt like I was the only one existed in this cold place. I gave a long sigh that I decided to walk until I found something or someone. The snow was thick and it was difficult to walk at a fast pace.

I blinked hard and I saw a frozen lake in front of me. I walked closer to that lake and I could see the shadow of a human from inside. Due to my curiosity, I knelt and look quite closely at the icy cold lake.

The frozen lake suddenly broke into pieces and to my horror, I saw Clelia Federigo sprang out with her ghost-like grin that matched her pale bluish skin. Her claw hands grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into the cold lake. I struggled to free myself from her grip and there was someone else gripping my legs as well. My eyes widened to see Pyotr Morozov inside. His face resembled a water demon and he was pulling me further in. I gasped and I was losing too much air. The two of them just laughed and resumed pulling me in.

"It's not over yet, Minoru Ayano~!"

I screamed with shock and my eyes were wide open. I breathe heavily and I looked around to know where was I. My head was heavy because of the bandages. I was in a ward and there were many medical equipments around my bed. I remembered that I was injured during my mission at Russia, then Tsuna and Reborn arrived to take me home until I was caught by Pyotr Morozov. I did escape and I passed out due to blood loss-

What about the wound at my left face?

I picked up a hand mirror at the side table and held it up. The slash wound was not as bad as I thought but since it would be a permanent scar on my face, there were different feelings inside my mind.

Anger, disappointment, sadness and hopelessness.

I threw the mirror across the floor and the sound of it alerting someone from outside the ward. The door was opened and Tsuna was surprised to see me waking up.