Chapter 10

Chesley's POV

I took in a deep breathe that slowed down the water rushing into my body. I started shaking non-stop. I glanced at Jacob to see all the light fall from his face.
"Guards! Help we need guards!" Jacob yelled but no one came.

I covered my face with my hands. Wolves can hold there breathe longer than humans but not forever. I felt tears tickle down my face. Jacob continued to yell for guards but no one came.

Finally a girl with golden hair that seemed to shimmer came. Her eyes are a sea green with specks of blue in them. On her golden curls is placed a golden crown with jewels on it. "Don't fear me. I'm here to help. I should introduce myself I am Isabella Lousie Bawl. You know my great granddaughter. In fact she is your mate." Isabella smiled at us.

"Please can we chit chat after you help save my sister?" Jacob begged with his eyes.

"Of course," Isabella reached out. She cupped both of her hands around my right hand. She closed her eyes, "fëíö hèlg ãçêe. Dø qūēl míytvß." Isabella repeated 4 times.

As soon as she said it the last time I opened my mouth. I couldn't smell fish anymore. My legs started to tingle and transform into a tail. "Thank you Isabella!"

"You're welcome," she smiled. "Now I have given you a spell in which you must be out of the water within 24 hours or else you will die. Don't worry I have a plan but first I need to tell you the rest of the story."

"What story?" Jacob questioned.

"The one Kaelie told you. She is only able to tell half. While I can tell the whole thing. Now shut up and listen." Isabella commanded and told us the rest of the story.

"Wow," I gazed at Isabella.

"You said it," Jacob agreed.

"Any questions?" Isabella chuckled.

"I do!" I hopped up from the ground. "Why are you helping us? Why are you wearing a crown? And lastly why doesn't beer remember us?"

"I'm helping because Amber is not ready to come here. I'm wearing a crown because I am Queen Isabella. Lastly the man that is brothed to her easred her memory of you. She only remembers living in the palace."

"My turn how do you look so young?" Jacob asked and cracked his knuckles.

"That's easy, mermaids rarely age until they turn 257 years old. I am only 150 but Melody is 256. She gave herself a potion for enteral youth. Little does she know I switched the bottles so she's a mermaid. She will start aging in 2 mouths." Isabella swam to the keys and unlocked the cell.

"Thank you," I thanked with a smile.

"You're welcome. Right now you must stay hidden. I will hide you in the room that is forbidden for everyone but me. Follow," Isabella swam up the stairs. Jacob and I swam up to her and followed.

Jacob's POV

I mind linked Chesley 'How can we trust her?'

'She saved my life Jacob. Just trust her.'

'You guys do realize I can hear you right?' Isabella laughed as we swam.

'How?!' Jacob mind linked her.

'Mermaids have secrets too you know.' Isabella smiled and opened a door with golden handles.

We all entered to room. I looked around to see the ceiling standing over 50feet tall. The walls were lined with books all the way to the top. A desk sat in the middle of the room. In front of it has two brown chairs with seashells on them.