Even More Stuff Happens

Dipper POV

        I let out an angry huff. My head throbbed, my thoughts raced and scrambled themselves until they were nothing but angry gunk. "Come on, we have to get moving," I growled, readjusting Eliza on my back. Without another thought, I began walking down the road, almost stomping my feet as I went.

        I left Mabel in her place as she stared at the dissipating plume of dirt. There was no time for comfort or remorse. The Mystery Shack was nothing more than a pile of rubble now. This has happened before, so I don't see what the big deal is. It can be rebuilt...again.

        Mabel quickly snapped out of her daze and dashed in front of me, blocking my path. "Hold it, mister!" she declared, her fists placed firmly on her hips. "It's getting dark."

        "Point?" I grunted as I walked around her.

        "My point is that we need to find somewhere to sleep! The Shack's gone; no Shack, no beds. We can't just stay up all night!" she exclaimed.

        "We need to find Stan and Soos. Who knows what Gideon's done to them! Besides, I'm not tired," I spat as I continued my quest. Why wasn't she comprehending any of this? This isn't rocket science; there are people in danger, people who need to be saved. 

        Pain suddenly gnawed on the bases of my ears, feeling as if they were being removed from my head. I stumbled backwards, startled. "Hold up, Dipwad. I hear something," Eliza half-whispered, releasing her tight tug on my ears. We all stopped and listened. There was nothing at first, but then a strange flapping - almost slapping -  noise began to emerge ahead of us.

        "Is that a... What is that?" Mabel queried, her brow scrunched in attempts to decipher the noise.

        "Some weirdo trying to be cool," Eliza groaned. "Wait! Where there's a weirdo there's a bike!" she perked up, her volume rising.

        Surely enough, a dark haired boy turned on the corner at the edge of the woods. He peddled mindlessly on the opposite side of the road as he listened to music from an oversized pair of headphones. As he decreased the distance between us, I realized who it was: Robbie V.

        "Mabel, attack!" Eliza commanded. On que, Mabel bolted towards the biker, screaming like a maniac. Robbie didn't notice my rabid sister until a split second before she tackled him. The look on his face was priceless! His eyes almost popped out of his head as his thin eyebrows rocketed towards the sky, his mouth half opened in mid gasp. Where was a camera when I needed it?

        "Ah! What the heck!?" the teen yelped as he was shoved to the ground along with his red bicycle. Mabel, neglecting Robbie's presence, quickly reset the bike on its wheels, yanked a playing card from the spokes of the back wheel, and sped over to us, bike in tow.

        "Hurry up!" she ordered.

        I fumbled the blind ginger on my back awkwardly, confused.

        "Seriously?!" Mabel swiftly threw the kickstand down on the bike and stormed over to me. I took a step back as she approached me, unsure of her next move. The next thing I knew, Eliza was in the metal basket attached to the front of the bike. She squirmed, visually agitated with her new seat.

        "Really, Mabel?!" she protested.

        Mabel latched onto my wrist, dragging me to the mountain bike. "C'mon! Before he gets back up!"

        From our side of the road, I watched Robbie sit up in a bush as he rubbed the back of his head. His eyes locked onto the girls and I, pupils small with anger. "You!" Robbie shouted, his scratchy voice smothered in furious adrenalin. "Get off of my bike! I just got that back!" Within seconds he was on his feet, racing towards us.