The Truth

Eliza's POV

        A week passed as I continued my new life in Gravity Falls. Throughout the week I would visit the Pines and would hang out with them. I continued to become closer to Dipper and Mabel, which made things less awkward than they were previously.

~

        Apparently, I had gained Dipper's trust a grand deal. If I hadn't, I don't believe he would've told me about everything...

        One day, Dipper led me to this little hang out on the roof. He told Mabel to leave us alone and that we weren't going to be alone for romantic reasons about six or seven times. She, however, insisted that was what we were doing. She hadn't done that in a while, but it still made me mad.

        "So, uh, about all that lovey stuff? I'm sorry. Mabel's just trying to be helpful in her own way," Dipper admitted.

        "Eh, it's okay," I said as Dipper handed me a Pitt Cola from the icebox. As he sat on edge of the roof he began to drink his soda.

        He waited several minutes before speaking again. "How good are you at keeping secrets?"

        "I've never let a secret leave my head after it enters. Why?"

        "Well, I want to tell you something - something you can't tell anyone. Promise you won't say anything or think I'm nuts?"

        "You're not gonna tell me you love me are you? We just met, like, a week ago."

        "What? No!" he protested, blushing out of either anger or embarrassment.

        "Alright then. I promise I won't say anything and you're not nuts."

        "Okay. There's something big going on in Gravity Falls. There are these - these creatures everywhere. Weird other worldly things like the Bottomless Pit are scattered all over the town. The thing is, besides Mabel, you, a few others, and myself, nobody seems to notice any of the crazy stuff going on. I found this journal in the woods that had information about everything in this town. It said how there's some huge conspiracy lying within Gravity Falls. I'd show it to you, but Stan borrowed it for ideas for the museum a while ago. So... am I nuts?"

        "No, you're not. I believe you."

        "What? Really? Why?"

        "Some crazy things happened where I come from..."

        "In Pennsylvania?"

        "...Yeah... There were real, genuine haunted houses, sasquatches, UFO sightings, crop circles, lake monsters, and some creepy stuff I'd rather not talk about."

        "You do know people fake that kind of stuff all the time, right?"

        "I've experienced a few things first-hand and after a while, you can tell between what's real and fake," I confessed. I glanced over at Dipper who had just set his soda down. He seemed to be in deep thought and looked as if he were bothered he'd fall off the roof. So, I sighed and lay back to look at the clouds. What was going on in his head?