Things Get Intense

Dipper POV

Eliza screamed out and we all turned to the horror show. Bill had Eliza in his grasp as he stepped into the open. He grew in size with each step until he stood tall above the trees, overshadowing the town. He lifted his black dress shoes up and stomped down on the already destroyed Shack. The leather of his shoe remained unmarked, and his laugh became louder and more maniacal with each passing second.

The breaking ground calmed, Bill's fog dissipated, and the lightning ceased. Fire still roared from every direction. Smoke billowed from it, overpowering Bill's monstrous height.

"TIME TO SMOKE OUT A RAT!" Bill announced, jutting Eliza upwards into the smoke above his head. "GO ON, TRY AND STOP ME, I DARE YOU! ONCE I GET RID OF YOU, I'LL BE UNSTOPPABLE!"

Bill looked nothing like what I would have imagined as a human. He maintained the brick pattern on a jacket, but it was furiously red. A fire burned steadily on his shoulders, and his eyes- his two eyes - were quite the spectacle: one was covered by an eyepatch while the other was demonic, black with a blood red pupil.

The demon tore the eyepatch from his face, revealing a sporadic eye, independent from the other. "EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO, I KNOW! I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO BEFORE  YOU DO IT! I KNOW EVERYTHING!" he shouted.

I grabbed for my spell book, but it was gone, already in Mabel's hands. She flipped through the pages with her teeth clenched. "Mabel, let me handle this," I urged, attempting to pull the opened book. She pulled away and slammed the book shut. My sister took a running start towards Bill. "Mabel -" I grabbed at the sleeve of her sweater and she wiggled out of the entire thing, leaving it in my grasp and the spell book in the dirt.

"Rellium gostasis!" Mabel shouted. In an instant, she took flight with electricity trailing behind her.

"PUMPKIN!" Stan shouted. "ONE OF YOU KNUCKLEHEADS DO SOMETHING!"

"I'VE GOT IT, MOON." Bill swung at Mabel like a fly. The back of his hand completely erased Mabel from our view and I could only assume the worst. "SHOOTING STARS HAVE TO HIT THE GROUND SOMETIME!" I didn't move, I couldn't move, my fingernails digging into the fabric of Mabel's sweater. A heavy weight pulled on me.

Stan shook Stephen's shoulders. "YOU'RE THE FREAKING MAGIC GEEK HERE! DO SOMETHING, STANLEY!"

Stephen responded solemnly: "I really wish I could, Stan."

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

"Anything we come up with, he'll know. It's pointless. That crazy eye of his sees everything he can do to stop us if we attack him."

"THAT'S YOUR GRANDAUGHTER, POINTDEXTER!" Stan pointed at me and I saw it out of my peripheral vision. "HIS SISTER!"

Eliza's parent's sobbed nearby, her father restraining her mother as she screamed the most vile words I had ever heard in Bill's direction.

"AND THEIR DAUGHTER IS BEING SUFFOCATED! WE HAVE TO TRY! I NEVER GAVE UP TRYING TO - " I drowned out Stan's pleads.

Wendy grabbed my shoulder and held the spell book in front of me. "Let's end this," she declared. I reached out for the book but I was too numb to grip it. Nothing felt real. "Dipper, man, look at me." Wendy knelt down in front of me. Her eyes were watery over but she maintained a stoic stare. "I know you're in shock, but this has to end here. We can't let this jerk hurt anyone else. We -"

"AH! YOU BIT ME!" Bill screeched. 

Wendy stood up, and Stan and Mrs. O'Kelly stopped yelling. All eyes were all glued to the demon.