Weird

Dipper's POV

        Eliza is so cool! She seems to be one of a few people who actually notices the weird things around here. After watching a pine cone fall into the Bottomless Pit, she figured out everything! Okay, well, not everything. She actually fell into the hole before coming up with her hypothesis.

        I strolled into the kitchen, entirely forgetting the previous day's events. I made myself a sandwich and began eating. Mabel then burst into the room causing me to choke on my food for a second. "Dipper!" she exclaimed. "I saw this girl I think you'll like! She was wearing a weird hat type thinger like you always do!"

        "One: My hat is not weird. Two: Just because we're both wearing something on our heads doesn't mean we'll even remotely get along," I explained, rather angry she had insulted my hat.

        "Pfft, says you. This girl looks totally friendly and not like a bunch of gnomes!"

        "Really? That's the reference you're gonna make?"

        "Dipper!" Mabel whined in annoyance. "Come on, she's super pretty and weird like you! See?"

        "Mabel, look I-," I stopped in the middle of my sentence to see Mabel pulling Eliza through the kitchen door, obviously against her will. "Mabel!"

        "Hey, let go! Dip, your sister is psychotic! She yanked me off my bike, stuffed me into the basket, and then rode my bike back here! Did I mention her little sidekick, the pig, who I had to hold on the way here?" Eliza complained. 

        Great, I meet someone I can relate to who's not a freak who's trying to kill me (as far as I know) and my twin sister goes and freaks her out! What the heck!

        "And she called my headband 'weird'!" she added. She pulled away from Mabel, flustered with the situation.

        "Eliza, this is my twin sister, Mabel. Mabel, this is Eliza, I met her-" I began only to be interrupted again.

        "GASP! You two already know each other! That's even better!" my sister exclaimed.

        "Dipper, what is she talking about?" Eliza questioned. I looked from girl to girl. How exactly do you say that your sister was looking for a girl for you to hit on when you didn't want anything to do with love?

        "Uh... Well, ya' see... Um..." Great! I can't form a sentence! Dang it Mabel!

        "So, I gave Dipper this potion I got from Old Man McGucket..." Mabel started to explain.

        "You mean that loud, bearded guy who lives at the junkyard? He sprayed me with water and said, 'Bad kitty! Don't walk on two legs! I'll make you skidaddle! Nyaaaah...'" Eliza commented, imitating the old kook.

        "Yup! The potion I gave the Ol' Dippster made him all confident and junk. And he had this huge crush on the girl in the gift shop, Wendy, so it made him go admit his mushy feelings to her. She turned him down and now he's all depressed. Now he can gush his mushy feelings all over you!" my bratty sister continued, in a spirited tone. 

Eliza's POV [Ha, mid-chapter narrator transition! Aren't I a hoot!]

        "Well, that's not weird," I replied, sarcastically and a tad frightened. This girl kidnapped me to make her brother feel better about some other girl friend-zoning him? Seriously?

        My phone rang again, my mother on the other line as usual. "Where are you little missy?" she said, concerned and angry. The worst part was my phone was on speaker mode. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but someone was bound to say something stupid.

        "Hey! Are you Eliza's mom?" Mabel blurted, grabbing my cell.

        "Who's this?"

        "Your daughter's new best friend!" Mabel shouted into the air, cheerfully.

        "Oh, that's nice!"

        "Can she stay over for lunch... and the rest of the day?"

        "Well... If it's okay with your parents, then I guess so."

        "Don't worry about it; my Grunkle Stan won't mind!"

        "Your who?"

        "Great uncle."

        "I suppose it's okay then. Eliza, be home by six thirty. Love you!" Mom said, ending the call. Mabel then threw my cell phone directly at my face. Dipper leaned out of his chair to prevent it from hitting me and actually caught it. He did, however, fall out of his chair in the process.

        "See? Dipper's already falling for you!" Mabel bellowed before laughing. "Ha, puns. Now sit down across from your lover boy while I make you an omelet! Get ready to eat your face!" I looked at Dipper, who was now shooting Mabel a dirty look for calling him my "lover boy." I don't blame him. I would've done the same, but I didn't want to cause any more tension between Mabel and I.

        "'Eat my face'?"

        "She's gonna make you an omelet shaped like your face," Dipper replied, allowing his anger to fade. This day couldn't get any weirder... I thought to myself.

~

        Some time after "eating my face," the twins and I went down to the arcade. I beat Dipper in a majority of the games, but Mabel got me in Dancy Pants Revolution. We had a great time, but it still felt awkward being with two people I barely knew.

        When six o'clock came around, I decided that it would be best if I left a little early. However, I soon regretted my decision as I rode my bike through town. There was some weird little kid was yelling at a large, chubby man.

        "Hey, you little brat! Leave that guy alone!" I yelled, stopping my bike. The kid had bright white hair that stood straight up and he was wearing a baby-blue suit. As he turned to look at me, I began to question whether or not I had done the right thing. Although he was just a kid, he seemed to be one of the most intimidating guys I've ever met.

        "Do you know who I am?!" he suddenly yelled with a southern accent as he walked towards me.

        "No. Why should I? You seem like a real jerk," I retorted.

        "I am Gideon Gleeful, I am your worst nightmare," the chubby brat whispered in a terrifying tone. Without thinking, I spit in his face as he got closer to me. Gideon's eyes filled with rage as he made an attempt to tackle me. The man he had been shouting at grabbed him in mid-air and pulled him away from me.

        "Sorry, he's just grumpy," he said in a southern accent similar to Gideon's. The man then whispered something into his ear. "Don't you remember what your parole officer said?" Upon hearing this, the boy folded his arms and made a face of anger. Seeing my opportunity to escape, I continued my journey home, now freaked out more than humanly possible.