I Haven't Been Honest

Eliza POV

I hate being in tight spaces anymore. Whatever transportation spell Dipper used is getting ripped out of his little spell book if I get my hands on it.

"WAAAAAAH!" I turned to see Dipper plummet of the ridge edge. Adrenalin rushed through me and I sprinted to grab his arm. Stephen had the same idea, but neither of us got to him in time. I got there a split second before him, but my little arms missed Dipper by a mile. Not even Stephen could grab him. We both screamed out his name in vain but...

I pulled away from the edge and covered my face. I couldn't deal with that, not again.

"I'M OKAY!" 

That little turd.

"Haha! Way to go, Stephen!" Grandpa Stephen shouted. "Told ya, the magic's all in the name!" 

What a bunch of cute nerd-turds.

I uncovered my eyes just in time to see Ste - - Dipper rising with the same levitation spell he used to help Stephen...Grandpa Stephen. Ah, this name thing is weird. It was adorable that Dip was named after Stephen, but I was beginning to confuse them.

Dipper landed softly behind us with a very exasperated look on his face. If it freaked us out, so it definitely shook him up. "That was close," he muttered as he slipped the spell book into his vest. I didn't let him get another breath out as I glomped him.

"Don't do that again," I whispered.

He awkwardly patted my back. "I didn't mean to do it the first time," Dipper said simply.

"I don't care. I won't have you die on my terms. Stephen slipped through my hands once already, I won't let you do the same thing."

"I..."

"Alright kids, let's get going. My camp's not too far from here," Stephen said awkwardly. He walked past us and I released my grip on Dipper. "C'mon."

__

Stephen's fire crackled as he turned the spit, three squirrel-bats cooking slowly over the flames. Not much had been said between Dipper and I since that awkward hug-thing I did. He and Stephen, though, they had been talking up storm for quite some time.

"Yeah, that spell should wear off here, soon. Trust me, the crash after the energy spell is pretty nasty; You'll sleep for about ten hours straight," Stephen remarked.

"I could use the sleep. Ever since I met Bill, I haven't been able to get a straight eight hours every night."

"Oh, I know the feeling. The real problem is how far along Bill's new body has come, now. It's fleshed out and it looks ready to go. I fear that, even with Eliza and I removed from Bill's minds cape and 'lifted' from the wheel, he'll be able to transfer his body to reality and destroy our world as we know it," Stephen said grimly as he poked at the fire. Sparks flooded up for a second after he shifted a log off another log.

The fire flickered and I saw something change in Dipper's face. Something for the worse.

Dipper exhaled, sounding rather frustrated. "Stan, Soos, and Mabel are back there, though. They can...they can fight him off for a while, I'm sure." He shrugged and laid himself back on the log we sat against with his hands pressed against his face. "I don't know. It'd be great if they could fix the portal and yank us back through, but...but that doesn't... We're not a priority. At least, we shouldn't be anymore," Dipper muttered. His hair flopped back slightly, and I could have sworn I saw some kind of weird acne on his forehead.

"Dude - -" I began.

"'Don't'," Dipper finished. "I know. Just...forget it." He leaned back and ran his hand through his hair, focusing on the spinning squirrel-bats' sizzling flesh. I tossed a concerned glance at Stephen and he pursed his lips as if to say "he's not wrong, you know."