chapter 28

*Hayes' p.o.v*

I was honestly so relieved Caitlyn had forgiven me. Even one night without her killed me.

I kissed the top of her head while she was hugging me after our kiss and we both went downstairs.

We went into my kitchen where my mom was making lunch.

"Hey honey, did you say bye to Alexa? She left an hour ago," my mom said. Great.

"Uh...yea," I crossed my fingers that she would change the subject.

I glance over at Caitlyn, but she was just smiling.

"Well, after I'm done preparing lunch, your father, Skylynn and I are going to the movies. Want to come with us?" my mom asked.

I raised my brows at Caitlyn and she responded with a shrug and a "I don't care."

"Nah we'll just stay here," I decided we should spend time alone together after what happened.

"Alright you two better behave," my mom said and left the kitchen. She left us sandwiches.

"Want to eat now or...." I asked.

"Um...I'm not really hungry," Caitlyn responded.

"Yea me neither," I said while pulling her by the waist close to my body.

She hugged my back and I don't know why, but we just stayed there. For a long time. I didn't mind it, at all.

She looked up at me, creating a little space between us.

I looked down on her just staring into her eyes. She didn't say anything.

She suddenly just shook her head a little and closed her eyes for a second and said, "Sorry I was just going to say something but I forgot."

I laugh and reply, "Alright, while you're trying to remember, let's go choose a movie to watch."

She smiles and nods her head in agreement.

We walk upstairs to my room and sit in front of my tv to choose a movie to watch. 

"This?" I ask, holding up Paranormal Activity.

She rolled her eyes and bonked her forehead hard against mine saying, "You know I can't watch scary movies."

I laughed and nodded my head in agreement. I knew she would get scared, but I liked it when she did because she always cuddled up on me for protection. It was always the cutest thing ever. 

She continued to search for a DVD and I continued to just admire her. She finally decided on A Walk To Remember. 

I groaned at the movie because I knew it was a chick flick. Yea, some chick flicks are good, but they aren't my favorite to watch. 

"Please," Caitlyn put on her biggest, cheesiest smile. 

I groaned in agreement and she yelp in happiness and gave me a fast kiss on the cheek. 

I made a puppy face at the small amount of contact and she rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Fine then," I mumbled and grabbed her face and gave her a big, sloppy smooch smack on her mouth.

"Hayes!" she nudged my shoulder while laughing and wiped her mouth, "You nashty."

I laughed at her comment and put the DVD in the DVD player and we both went on my bed to watch the movie. She cuddled up next to me as I put my arm around her. 

The movie went by pretty fast because we were so into it, and Caitlyn was sobbing by the end of the movie. I can't lie, it was really sad and I teared up a couple of times. 

"Don't ever die on me like she did alright," Caitlyn mumbled while wiping her tears away.

I laughed and kissed her forehead saying, "I won't." 

We decided to just sleep in because it was already pretty late and we were tired. 

"Caitlyn," I just had to say this.

"Yea?" 

"I love you."