chapter 23

*Hayes' p.o.v*

Gosh it was nice to see Alexa again. She was still funny and sweet as ever. Man, I miss old times.

I smile back at her reply to my mom's question.

I should probably tell Caitlyn about what's going on. She's probably curious.

"Well, Caitlyn, just for you to catch up, Alexa's my ex-girlfriend from 7th grade.

*Caitlyn's p.o.v*

What the heck?

Okay?...

Ex-girlfriend?

And they're being all flirty?

So I should be worried?....

"We were dating throughout our whole 7th grade year, until at the end of the year, she had to move to California....It was hard for all of us, but, we got strong," Hayes says, and smiles at Alexa.

Ummm....okay?

I try not to make a big deal and nod really big and say, "I see."

"Yea, probably the worst time of my life when I left, but we all got over it," Alexa says.

"Yea, took awhile though," Hayes says.

"Oh don't go there," Alexa punches Hayes' arm.

I feel awkward.

Hayes' mom gives us the pancakes and I eat them quickly and go upstairs. Of course Hayes and Alexa didn't notice because they were too caught up with each other....

I checked my phone and the time was 11:28.

I went downstairs and said, "Um...I should get going. Bye."

Hayes looked confused. "No don't leave, please?"

Alexa smiled.

"Uh....I guess I can stay," I walk towards them. Elizabeth wasn't there anymore.

"Yay," Hayes pats the seat next to him.

I sit down on the chair.

I text my mom that I'll be staying at Hayes' house again.

I put away my phone.

"Oh my gosh, Hayes remember that time when we went to the beach with Nash and Vanessa, and we jumped the fence and got chased by the police?! Oh my, those were the days man," Alexa laughs.

"Oh goodness, I miss those times dude," Hayes nudges her shoulder.

What was I doing here?

They spent awhile just talking about their memories while I sat there on my phone. I was getting sad.

I sneak upstairs without them noticing, AGAIN.

I walked up to Nash's room and he was just sitting on his bed on his phone.

I walked up to him amd sat down on the bed with him.

"Hey what's up," Nash ruffles my hair.

"Hey....do you know Alexa? Hayes' ex-girlfriend?" I ask, not looking at him.

"Yea, how do you know about her," Nash looks at me.

"Well...she's downstairs and-" I start.

"ALEXA'S HERE?!" Nash shouts and immediately dashes through the door and downstairs.

I blankly sit there and here screams of joy downstairs.

I guess she was close to Nash too.

I slowly walk downstairs and see Nash, Hayes and Alexa chatting their mouths away, so I just sit on the chair next to Nash where his back was turned away from me and he was facing Alexa.

Their constant chatting just left me out so I got up and just went to Hayes' room.

I laid on his bed and just stayed there for the longest time, just thinking.

Yes. I was jealous of Alexa. She was way prettier, and funnier, and Hayes and her didn't even want to break up. It was forced, so they would get back together anytime.

This is not fun.