chapter 26

*Caitlyn's p.o.v*

I woke up and checked the time on my alarm clock to see 9:42.

I instantly got up and ran to my phone to see if Hayes texted me.

I got disappointed when I saw that I had no messages.

Maybe he really did choose Alexa over me. I don't blame him...

*Hayes' p.o.v*

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was too worried and kind of excited for today.

I hope she'll be excited to see me later today.

I feel so bad for not choosing my other love though. I'm going to miss her too much but I feel like my decision is right, and worth it.

I had everything planned out for today. It'll be perfect. It has to be perfect.

*Caitlyn's p.o.v*

I sighed and gave up on checking my phone for about 20 minutes straight, and decided to just get ready for the day.

I did my daily getting ready routine and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

My parents and my little brother were still sleeping but my older brother was watching tv.

"Are you serious," I say as I see that he's watching the Kardashians show.

"Dead serious," he joked.

"Since when did you start watching that," I roll my eyes.

"Ever since Amy got me into it," he said, not getting his eyes off the tv.

Amy was his girlfriend. I liked her. She and I got along really well.

"Loser," I stuck my tongue out at him, knowing he didn't see.

I just grabbed the cereal box and milk and ate while watching the show with my brother.

After I was done, I put my plate in the sink and ran upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and saw no notification once again and just plopped down on my bed.

A few moments later, I got a message.

I dashed to my phone and as soon as the screen lit up, I saw that it was Troy.

I groaned that I didn't see Hayes' name on my screen but I was still glad Troy texted me.

Hope you're feeling a bit better...mind if you join me with my penny board?

Haha thanks, I'm feeling a bit better and of course what time:D

10:30?

gotcha, see ya then!

I locked my screen and saw that the time was 10.

I decided to just watch The Kardashians with my brother until it was time to go.

As soon as the clock hit 10:20, I decided to head out.

I put my phone in my back pocket of my shorts and grabbed my penny board and rode towards Troy's house.

His house was only a few blocks away from mine.

As soon as I got to his house, I knocked on the door and was greeted by Troy's bright smile.

We both rode our penny boards to the park and played how we usually would.

We spent about 10 minutes on the play stucture and decided to just go penny boarding.

We rode our boards really far and I had no idea where we were going. Troy always leads the way, ever since we both got our first penny boards.

We rode until we got to the mall that was across the street from Hayes' house and we just decided to chill in the mall since we were both tired.

As soon as we walked in the mall, I begged Troy to go with me to the store Pink, even though I had no money.

He agreed after I begged for a long time and I skipped my way to the store.

I slowed down because I was getting tired and Troy was way behind, and as I stopped skipping, I stopped in front of Starbucks.

My eyes stung. So did my heart. I knew this would happen.

I saw it. I saw them.

Hayes and Alexa.