Chapter 15

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter! I hope you enjoy the Steven arc, I love the jealous side of N!

Steven awakes the next morning feeling extremely groggy and dizzy. As he sits up and his vision focuses, he looks around to see where White was. He spies her on the couch in the corner of the room, sleeping soundly while snuggled in the arms of N. They were both squeezed onto the small space of the black sofa, and she was facing against the cushion while he was facing her back, and his arms were wrapped around her from behind. Jealousy surges through him, and he emotionally berates himself for having this reaction.

I just met her yesterday! Why am I getting so attached... But she is just so kind and beautiful... I wish she could be mine.

As if on cue, N slowly rouses from his slumber. His cloudy blue eyes slowly open, and the first thing he sees is White's fluffy brown hair which took up most of his vision. A smile grows upon his face as his heart soars, realizing that White was still in his arms. He loved sleeping with her, and waking up with someone he cared about so much made him extremely happy. He found her to be warm and soft, and she also made cute little sleeping noises. N definitely wasn't ever going to tell her about the noises, it was his little secret.

Steven sighs lightly, which causes N to look over his shoulder in alarm. Their eyes meet, and N notices the blatant envy in his eyes. He possessively squeezes White's form a little tighter, not liking how Steven was looking at her like he wanted her. White stirs as he hugs her tighter, and he reassuringly pats her head softly to soothe her. White murmurs something unintelligible in her sleep, and a small grin grows upon her face as she snores a little before burying her head farther into the pillow. N found the snore amusing, and a small chuckle escapes him.

"What's so funny?" Steven hisses loudly to N, obviously envious of their embrace. N looks over his shoulder, shooting him a menacing glance. "Shhh... You'll wake her." He whispers, patting her head again as she stirs in her sleep. Her deep blue eyes flutter open, and she gasps to see N incredibly close to her and leaning over her on the small couch. There were only a few inches between them, and she could feel his warm breath upon the top of her head. She squeals, astonished, not used to waking up with him almost on top of her. Blush creeps upon her cheeks as she stuffs her face into the pillow, attempting to hide from the embarrassment but also to gain some composure. "N, what are you-"

"You woke her up!" N growls to Steven, upset that he had disturbed her sleep. N knew White needed the rest, especially after the previous hangover from not too long ago. Plus, he loved how peaceful and serene she seemed in slumber.

Steven crosses his arms and turns his head away, annoyed at how N was treating him. However, he did feel a bit bad that he woke White up. "I'm sorry, White."

White sits up, directing a cheerful smile to Steven. "No, it's okay. It seems you guys are already awake anyways. Now, how about some continental breakfast included with the hotel?"

Later...

N, White, and Steven stand at the exit of the route gate, the forest sprawling before them. White looks up into the early afternoon sky, admiring the clouds. "Well, I suppose it's time for us to part ways... N and I are just sightseeing, but I think we are going to head up to Snowpoint city at top of the region. I heard there is all kinds of cool stuff up there."

Steven can't deny the excitement that rushes through his heart. He also happened to be traveling to Snowpoint city, to check out the ancient abandoned ruins at the top of the mountain there. His heart soared in the hope that he might be allowed to accompany them. Well, specifically White. He also couldn't deny that he had grown very fond of her in the short time since they had met... Though he definitely wasn't fond of N. He had hoped N would head off somewhere, but it was apparent he wasn't going to leave White's side.