Chapter 45

Charlotte

"You didn't have to do this you know." I smiled, eyeing myself in the mirror as Luca fastened the clasp of the diamond drop necklace he got for me.

"It's a special night, I wanted you to have something special to remember it by." Luca breathed against my neck, kissing softly. "What do you think?"

"It's beautiful." I stared at the person looking back at me in the mirror, a vague image of myself. The woman in the mirror looked older. More sophisticated and mature. She looked like she belonged in this world, even thrived in it. There wasn't a hint of the vulnerability and nervousness that I felt on the inside. I was playing an elaborate game of dress up, and I could only hope that people wouldn't see right through me tonight.

The red satin dress from the boutique was making its debut tonight. As I stood in front of Luca, I felt a glimmer of that confidence that I felt the first time I wore it sneaking back in. I loved it even more now, especially the way the fabric felt against my skin as Luca slid his hands down my ribs, caressing every inch of me he could.

I melted under his touch every time.

"I can't wait to show you off tonight." Luca smiled, nudging me back until I sat on the edge of the bed. He bent down in front of me and grabbed my ankle. His fingers trailed up my leg as I bit my lip, stifling my moans. If he kept this up, we weren't going anywhere tonight, and we both knew that.

"Luca..." I protested, halfway hoping he would continue. All I wanted to do was climb into that great big bed with him and get lost in a world just for the two of us.

He ignored me, his hands trailing up my bare thighs. The higher he got, the inferno inside of both of us raged. As his fingers brushed against my naked, slick flesh, realization washed over him. I wasn't wearing any underwear.

"Are you trying to torture me, Tesoro?" He groaned.

I smirked, bending down and picking my lacy thong up off the bed. I slid it into the front pocket of his suit pants before he could protest.

"Now I'm wearing you're mark..." I put my fingers to the necklace. "And you're wearing mine."

Luca's grin was taunting.

He leaned forward, his head disappearing beneath the fabric of my dress.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to contain myself as his tongue lapped against me. Holy shit. I could hardly even breath as I clutched the sheets as if my life depended on it, reeling from the electricity was between my legs. His fingers and tongue worked in tandem, and my body responded to his every whim.

"Relax." He breathed against me, his breath hot on my skin.

I tried to comply but my body was already aching for him. I needed him; it wasn't just a desire anymore. I needed him both physically and mentally and I wasn't sure I would survive without him. I hated the control he had over me, but I loved it at the same time. The very thing that starved me, also sustained me.

After a few seconds, I felt the absence of this warmth and the scruff of his chin swept against my thigh. He nipped at the tender skin, and I cried out in shock.

He sat up, a wicked smirk on his face. "Now, you're wearing my mark, Tesoro."

This was a dangerous game we were playing. After last night, there was no more denying it. We were from two different worlds and neither of us wanted to leave ours. This couldn't go on, and the longer we let it, the closer we got to the day it would all be over.

"Ready?" He offered me his hand, as if it hadn't just been deep inside of me.

Luca

Charlotte was a fucking goddess, and the entire way to the club, I cursed my responsibilities as Don. I was rock hard from just those few minutes with Charlotte and the way my body craved her was paralyzing. All I could think about was getting her back to the hotel room and ripping that dress to shreds. She was a smoke show in it, but I was much more interested in what was underneath.