Chapter Fifteen

Gah, it's been a long time. Not edited, so don't come for me. xD I just really wanted to give you guys a chapter. You deserved it for waiting so long. Enjoy!
15

Karen didn't know what to think as she felt Mr

Karen didn't know what to think as she felt Mr. Foster's strong arm wrap around her waist. They were currently walking through the crowded basketball stadium trying to find their seats. Kevin was about a foot in front of them, too excited to actually pay attention to what was happening behind him.

Karen tried to push down Mr. Foster's warm arm, but it wouldn't budge.

"What do you think you're doing?" She hissed into his ear. Her fingers still trying to pry his arm from around her waist. He gave a slight shrug as if he didn't know what she was talking about.

"What do you mean? I'm just making sure I don't lose you is all."

"You could've just held my hand like you always do."

"I like this better though, it's nice." He replied simply. If Kevin wasn't around she would have agreed with him, but she was too embarrassed to actually do it.

      "Well, could you just hold my hand for today? I feel more comfortable when we're doing that." She said, watching as he sighed, finally dropping his arm. She grabbed his hand and it sat limp in her own.

She looked back up at him. "Are you seriously mad right now?" She asked in disbelief. He didn't answer her, only kept walking forward until they found their seats.

As they sat down, Karen tugged on his hand so that they could sit beside each other on the inside, but Mr. Foster stopped.

"Hey, Kevin." He called.

Kevin stopped walking and turned around. "Yeah?" He replied, a bag of popcorn in one hand and a coke in the other. Mr. Foster moved so that Kevin could walk past him.

"Do you want to sit in my seat and i'll sit on the outside?"

"Really, you sure?" Kevin said, his eyes lighting up.

Mr. Foster nodded. "Yeah, I can't see anyways, it would be sad to waste such a good view. So you can sit in the middle. I'll sit on the outside."

Karen stared up at him. "But don't you want to sit by me?" She asked quietly, Kevin was too caught up in his phone to see their exchange.

Mr. Foster trained his blue eyes in her direction, looking slightly over her head. "Don't worry about it too much, you'll survive a couple of hours without me." He replied, his voice tight. Karen felt her heart grow heavy as she gave a short nod and sat on the other side of her brother.

As the game went on, Kevin would narrate what was happening to Mr. Foster and they would share a laugh every now and then. Karen watched them from the corner of her eye, shoving the buttery popcorn in her mouth.

When the first two quarters went by, Kevin stood up to go to the bathroom. The players were taking a break and the coaches were going over their game plans for the third quarter. Karen watched Mr. Foster cautiously, he didn't turn in her direction once. His gaze stayed focused on the court in front of them.

Karen slid into the seat next to her. She tapped his shoulder. "Hey." She tried. He ignored her, taking a sip of his sprite before sitting it back down onto the floor. "I'm sorry." She tried again.

Still nothing.

She gave a huff, getting back up to go to her seat, when his arm grabbed her wrist. He pulled her back down, intertwining their fingers together as he continued to look forward. Karen tried to pull her hand away, but he only tightened his grip.

His gaze was still locked on the court when he spoke. "Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?" He asked. Karen stared up at the side of his face, the question shocking her.

"What? No!" She exclaimed loudly, "Why would you think that?" She demanded.

He finally shifted his cool blue eyes towards her, a line starting on his forehead. "Because every time I want to get close to you, you always freeze up or push away. If this isn't what you want then we don't have to be in this relationship. I don't want you to think that you have to, in order to keep your job."

Karen felt her heart breaking. "A-Are you breaking up with me?"

He quickly shook his head. "No, I thought..if you want to?" He said unsurely. "But I really hope that's not the case." He squeezed her hand once more.

Karen reached up to touch his face. He leaned into her touch.

"It's not that I don't like your touch, because I do. It's just..sometimes I don't like public displays of affection. It's kind of embarrassing." She said slowly.

Mr. Foster dropped her hand. "I understand. I'll try not to embarrass you anymore." He replied, that cold tone sneaking back into his voice.

She sighed as Kevin came back, a hotdog in his right hand. "Yo, Karen, get out of my seat." He said, waiting for her to move over, but she wasn't paying attention. All she could think about was how Mr. Foster didn't care what everyone else thought of him. He liked her enough to want to be with her, and here she was criticizing him for it.

She swallowed hardly as she reached out her shaky hands.

"Karen," Kevin called again, "Didn't you hear what I said? I said to move-" He started, his words getting cut off when Karen grabbed Mr. Foster's face, turning it in her direction. Mr. Foster glanced down confused.

"Karen, what?"

She didn't give him time to finish before her lips came crashing down on his, sparks moving throughout her entire body as his own lips began to move against hers. Shouts and Whoops erupted from behind them, dying down as she pulled away. Mr. Foster smiled down at her, pulling her into his side.

Karen snuggled closer, not really caring that people had cheered them on until Kevin began laughing loudly.

"Dude, I can't believe you guys made it onto the jumbotron."

Karen's face scrunched up as she pulled away from Mr. Foster, looking to the big screen in the center of the stadium.

Her mouth dropped as she stared up at the brightly lit screen, her and Mr. Foster's kiss replaying over and over again.

"Let's give it up for the lovely couple one more time, you guys!" A man shouted over the microphone.

Karen buried her face into Mr. Foster's chest, refusing to glance back up. Mr. Foster's comforting hand rubbed her back, a chuckle escaping his lips as he kissed the top of her head.

"I guess now the whole city knows that you're mine."