Epilogue

(End)

Two years later           "Why did I ever decide to do this with you

Two years later
"Why did I ever decide to do this with you." Karen moaned into her hands as she took in her reflection in the mirror. If she had ever felt ugly at any moment in her life, now was probably the worst.

Ashton walked around to his wife, wrapping his strong arms around her waist. "I think you look cute." He replied kissing her cheek. She didn't break away from his embrace, but laid the back head of her head against his hard chest.

      "You know, I stopped taking your word when it comes to how I look after you tried to convince me that I could wear a plaid shirt with polka dot pants. So thank you, but I still think I look like the whale that swallowed Jonah."

     He chuckled, releasing her. "Someone's been reading their bible," he smiled as he searched around for his shoes. When he finally found them he slid them on. "And don't worry, honey," he said sweetly, "I honestly don't think you look as bad as you're saying. Besides, being pregnant should be a wonderful moment. You should be happy."

"I am happy," she replied, "Just...big." She poked at her stomach, causing Ashton to laugh.

He grabbed her hand and reached for his cane. "Well, come on Mrs. Whale, we have a baby shower to attend." He joked, pulling her in the direction of the door.

She grabbed her jacket, reluctantly following after him. "Ha ha. Where do you ever come up with it?" She asked sarcastically as he shrugged.

      "Learned from the best." He shot her a wink and she shook her head in amusement.

"Whatever. But seriously, don't you think it's a little too late to be having a baby shower? I'm already eight months pregnant."

He opened the front door of the house so she could go through first before shutting it behind him. "Come on, it's going to be a wonderful experience." He assured her as they stepped into the black limo waiting at the end of the driveway.

- - -

       "Looks like your husband is going to be good with kids." Kevin commented as he watched Ashton try to help Eve braid her hair. He popped another piece of candy into his mouth, chuckling when Ashton finally finished.

Karen took a bite of her cake. "When I first found out that I was pregnant, I thought he was the one that was going to freak out and lose it, but he acted like the saints had just won the super bowl." She watched as Ashton said something into Eve's ear, causing her little face to light up as she laughed.

     "I'm happy for you."

She turned to her brother and smiled. "Thank you..for giving me the kick I needed to go and fix things." She replied.

He took a sip of his soda. "Anytime," he smiled before sitting his soda can back against the table. "Uh-oh, Eve at six o'clock." He said as their now nine year old sister came barreling towards them, with Ashton in tow.