Chapter Nineteen

19

"You really loved her didn't you?" Juliana asked as she stood over the solemn man lying in bed with his head face down in a pillow

"You really loved her didn't you?" Juliana asked as she stood over the solemn man lying in bed with his head face down in a pillow. He didn't make any attempt to look at her as he mumbled under his breath.

        "How did you even get in here? I thought I took away your key?"

Juliana ignored him and walked over to the night stand and sat his pill bottle down. "I had an extra key made," She shrugged holding out a small pill in her hand. "I don't know what happened between you and Ms. Palate, but you still need to take your medicine." She urged, waiting for him to turn around.

       "Her name is Karen, and I don't want to take those stupid pills. I just want to be alone right now." He pushed his head further into his pillow.

"Oh, stop being such a baby and get your head out of that pillow before you accidentally smother yourself."

       "Who said it would be an accident?" He shot back before a surge of pain erupted through the back of his head. He immediately sat up, clutching his head in pain. "Why did you hit me!" He yelled angrily.

"Because your grandmother is probably rolling in her grave right now because of what you just said."

       "It wasn't like I was being serious." He rubbed his head. Juliana rolled her eyes and sat the pill in his hands.

"I know, but it still bothers me when you say things like that. I don't think I could survive another year with you being depressed. The last time was enough." Her hard facade broke slightly causing Mr. Foster to frown.

"I'm not depressed..I just miss her."

Juliana rubbed his back. "Sometimes we just have to realize that sometimes the people we love the most will never love us as much as we love them, and that's okay."

He turned out of her grasp. "I don't want to talk about this right now." He ran a hand through his hair. "I took my pill, so can you leave now? I just want to sleep."

Juliana shook her head at the frustrating man before her. "Just promise you'll come down later for dinner."

When he didn't respond she took that as her cue to leave.