My Saviour (Ryan White)

Ryan White Imagine

Requested By: bgally.

You woke up shaking, the bed was familiarly empty beside you. It'd been months since your ex TJ had been abusive towards you, but you still had panic attacks all the time and nightmares almost nightly because of it.

Eventually, you gained the strength to finally break up with him, Ryan had helped you to muster the courage to do it.

As you stayed curled up in your bed, you thought about you and TJ a lot. Living with him had been hell and beyond.

As soon as you dumped him, the panic attacks and nightmares had started as well as your unwillingness to leave your building.

Every day after practice, Ryan would come over and hang out with you. Whether you watched movies or played board games or just sat there, he always made you smile.

You never told him about your panic attacks or nightmares, they never seemed to happen when he was with you.

The nights he stayed over and cradled you in his arms, you'd sleep soundly, and not once did you have a panic attack while he was at the apartment visiting you.

It was when he went on road trips that you'd tended to struggle the most. You couldn't go a day without ending it in tears, and panic attacks tended to happen almost evert day.

You rocked back in forth in bed, your arms wrapped around your knees, bawling. Hours must've passed because you heard the door open and footsteps through your apartment which meant only one thing... Ryan.

The mascara you'd forgotten to take off the night before had run down your face and your eyes were red and puffy when he finally found you curled up under your blankets.

"Y/N." He said empathetically, worried about your current state. You continued to shake and by now, sweat had soaked your now natural style hair, warm face, and sports bra.

"What's wrong Giggles?" He'd given you that nickname a long time ago, when he'd first met you 3 years back...

You met at McDonalds one day, and he'd made a joke that you found really funny. You couldn't contain your laugher and thus the nickname "Giggles" was born.

That nickname just made you cry into your stuffed dog from Ryan even harder. He ran over to your bed and jumped on, wrapping his arms around your fragile, sore body.

"Please tell me baby girl..." You didn't want to tell him, you'd been doing a good job at keeping it from him for 5 months, why not 5 more months? It wouldn't hurt him at all.

"Nothing."

"Bullshit."

"Really, nothing is wrong Ry."

"BUUULLLLLSHHHIT!"

You felt a wave of anger rush over you.

"Fine Ryan, do you want to know what's wrong? Do you want an explanation as to why I'm crying and won't leave my place? IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE FREAKING PANIC ATTACKS AND NIGHTMARES AND AM TERRIFIED THAT THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN MY DREAMS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE IF I LEAVE THIS PLACE. HELL, I'M EVEN AFRAID THAT THEY'RE GONNA HAPPEN RIGHT HERE. Ryan, that is why I am crying."

He cautiously embraced you in his arms, and rubbed your back, trying to get you to stop talking by shushing you unsuccessfully.

"TJ. TJ is the reason for all of my problems. You know he abused me, you know that he terrified me every day and night. He caused everything that's wrong with me. I've been doing an epic job of hiding it from you but I just can't do it anymore Ryan. Whenever you go on road trips, I end every day crying and barely go a day without a panic attack. It's a daily struggle to stay positive and smiling."