Gold for Broke (John Tavares)

Author's Note: I'm so sorry that I have taken forever to update! I've been really really busy. I'm hoping to get a few more imagines out over my Christmas Break. This was requested by Jewels1221

When John found out he was named to Team Canada for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, he was absolutely ecstatic.

He had been at the rink for practice and called you right away, inviting you to come with him. As the olympics grew closer, both you and John grew more and more excited.

On the day of your flight to Sochi you had to get up very early. Since you didn't live together, he picked you up on the way to the airport.

John couldn't sleep on the plane, despite the fact they'd been told they had to to help their bodies adjust to the time change. He was much too excited for the upcoming days.

Once you arrived in Sochi, you found your luggage and were taken to your hotel, which was close to John's, about a ten minute walk.

The first few games of the tournament went really well. Canada was undefeated, rolling through the tournament with ease. The team was gelling more and more with each game.

Then in the quarterfinal game against Latvia, the unspeakable happened. John got hurt, and hurt badly at that. He couldn't get up himself.

He'd slid into the boards and you hadn't seen it as you'd been in the bathroom. When you returned, you froze. John was down.

The other girlfriends on Team Canada, Toews' girlfriend especially, had to calm you down and hold you back to prevent you from running down onto the ice.

Eventually, he got up. But he wasn't putting any pressure on his left leg. He wasn't bending his left knee at all either. Crosby and Toews helped him to the bench and he went down the tunnel.

You knew you wouldn't be able to see him right away, so Shea Weber's wife sat with you keeping you calm. Canada and Latvia were still tied and that wasn't helping your stress level.

After the second period had ended, she walked you down to the dressing room area. You had a pass to get to the room so the security guard let you through.

You immediately went searching for John but ran into Jamie Benn instead.

"Oh hey Y/N..." He looked hesitant talking to you. John's injury couldn't be that bad, could it?

"How is he?" You asked nervously.

"I haven't seen him since he went down to the tunnel but he should be okay. I can take you to the medical centre down here?"

"Please. That would be great." Jamie was so nice and I was glad that I'd become friends with him as the tournament progressed.

He gave you a huge hug.

"It'll be okay Y/N."

Jamie walked with you to the medical centre, it was by the Latvia dressing room. He couldn't come in with you though as Canada still had a period of hockey left in the quarterfinal game.

You went into the medical centre and found John on a stretcher with his lower equipment still on his body. He had tears stains down his cheeks and more tears pooling in his eyes.