How I Met Your Mother (Hampus Lindholm)

Hampus Lindholm Imagine

Author's Note: Wow! 3 updates!!! I'm so proud of myself. I drove from Ontario to Florida for March Break so basically that's why I'm actually getting updates done. Hoping to get a lot of imagines written over the next week or so. This imagine was requested by monahanaf

Hampus' POV:
"Hey Mika, Kate. I have a story to tell you while your mother is out of town. Since it's coming up on our 20th wedding anniversary, I thought you'd like to hear the story of how I met your mother."

The kids groaned but I didn't care. I began to tell the story of how I met Y/N... I was taken back to the first day I met her... November 12 of my rookie season.

Flashback:
November of my rookie season was a hard month. I was missing home more than ever and I wasn't playing a lot of minutes because I was the rookie. It sucked.

I was just leaving practice when I stopped in at the team store to pick up an Anaheim Ducks flag and Lindholm shersey to mail to my sister. That's when I saw your mother for the first time.

She looked beautiful. Her hair tied up in a ponytail, dyed a dark shade of red at the time. She had her work uniform on, but still managed to turn me on. I found the flag and shirt and brought it up to the counter.

"Is that all today sir?" Y/N asked me.

I nodded, my breath taken away by her beauty. She started to ring up my order, but stopped suddenly. I then realized she had figured out who I was.

"Wait... you're Hampus Lindholm... you don't have to pay for this. You're a player." She was blushing like crazy at this point, as was I.

"No, no. I insist." I was persistent and she caved in, letting me pay. I stood there after I had paid, trying to work up the courage to ask her out.

"Um... Can I do something else for you Mr. Lindholm?" She questioned why I was just standing there.

"Would you go on a date with me?" I blurted out. She looked shocked, but smiled at me.

"I would love to. Where should I meet you?"

"Actually, I was planning on cooking tonight so if you would like to come over to my place tonight, I could make some dinner and we could maybe watch a movie and hang out?"

"That sounds perfect. Can you text me your address? My number is 112-781-6776."

I added her number to my contacts as Y/N, the prettiest girl I have ever seen, and texted her my address and to come over around 5pm.

I had to leave to go pick up groceries and cook dinner if it was going to be ready by 5... It was already noon and I wasn't the fastest cook.

"Well, I will see you tonight beautiful. Thanks again for the merch." I left a $15 tip for Y/N on the counter and walked out.

Later that night, the doorbell rang just as I finished cooking the spaghetti. I opened the door and Y/N looked even more beautiful then she had during the day at the rink.

We had dinner and she kept telling me how food the food tasted. It was the only meal I could cook extremely well. I usually just ate at the rink for dinner or went out with some of the other young guys who also couldn't cook.

Picking out a movie with Y/N was such an easy decision. We both had the same favourite classic movie, The Breakfast Club. As we were watching, she fell asleep on me.

I didn't mind. It was nice to finally have some company. Despite being a part of an awesome team and having friends, I missed my family a lot and it was nice to have someone at home.

"The first two months have been hard. I really miss my mom and dad. I don't speak English super good, so it's been rough. I miss Reg, my dog especially. I just wanna be loved by someone around here, not someone on the other side of the world." Y/N woke up.

"I'm so sorry it's been so hard for you Hampus, I'm here buddy, I promise." Y/N apologized.

"Did I say that out loud?"

Y/N giggled. "Yes silly, and I want you to know, that I really like you and from now on, if you need me, I'll be here."