All That Matters (Kris Letang)

Kris Letang Imagine

Author's Note: This imagine was requested by harryCOWWW... Again this imagine was requested a long time ago so I don't know if that is still your username sorry...

Y/N's POV:
You couldn't believe it. Today was you and Kris' one year anniversary. It was amazing that you had made it this far together. It definitely hadn't been the easiest year of your life.

You'd never had a boyfriend that travelled for work as much as Kris did, being an NHL star. It was hard on you, him never being around.

In April, your father had passed away. You had always been super close with him and it took a toll on you. Kris came with you to the funeral, but didn't really know how to help.

You stopped seeing him after that for a little while, insisting that you needed a break. That's when you stopped taking care of yourself.

Your dad dying was the hardest thing you had ever experience so far. You stopped eating, stopped sleeping, stopped taking care of yourself. You sat around for days doing nothing.

Kris had been trying to get contact with you all week and you wouldn't answer. He came over one night, surprising you.

When you didn't answer the door, he used his key to let himself in. He found you in your bedroom, wrapped in his Pens blanket, crying.

"Baby girl? What's wrong Hun?" Kris asked.

You didn't reply, just started crying harder. He walked over to your bed and got in next to you.

"I'm here Y/N, you're okay... you're safe..." He continued to soothe you.

You started to come down and proceeded to tell him how much you were hurting.

After the two of you talked and decided that Kris would move in with you, he got you a bowl of ice cream to get some food into your stomach and he held you tightly. His arms made you feel so warm and safe, it was perfect.

Kris moved in a few weeks later after finding another teammate, who was new to the team, to rent his apartment.

It was August now, and Kris had surprised you by taking you to Cuba for a week. You were getting ready for your night out with Kris.

Putting on a striped maxi dress and some gold sandals, you grabbed your phone and hotel room key and walked out the door. Kris had texted you to meet him in the lobby.

As you approached him, you could tell that he had spent time to look nice. His hair was combed back, and he had a collared shirt and khaki shorts on with Birkenstocks.

"Happy Anniversary baby. You ready to go?" Kris approached you and grabbed your hand, leading you out of the hotel towards the beach.

When you got to the beach, there was a picnic set up. Candles were lit, plates and food set out. The sunset was more beautiful than it had been all week.

"Kris... This is beautiful... You didn't have to do all this... Really, it's too much." He smiled.

"Nothing is too much for my baby girl."

You ate the food he had packed for your picnic, sausage and salad, and then cleaned up the food. You sat there, leaning against his shoulder, his arm around you. He kissed your forehead softly.

"I love you Y/N. You are the most amazing girl. This has been the best year of my life."

Kris pulled a long box out of his back pocket. He opened it and inside was a beautiful, gold necklace with a heart shaped locket.

Inside the locket was a picture of the two of you on the right with an engraving that had the date you had started dating Kris on the left. Above that, a message was engraved: "All That Matters". It was our version of Hazel and Augustus' "okay" from the Fault in our Stars.

You walked along the beach, hand in hand, back towards your hotel. All of a sudden, he ran into the water, dragging you with him.

He splashed you, drenching your dress. You stood them, shocked at what he had just done.

"KRIS!! What was that for?"

He splashed you again, and again you yelled at him. He splashed you once more and you'd had enough. You splashed him back.

It very quickly because a splash fight and in only a few minutes, the both of you were drenched from head to toe in ocean water.

You got out and continued your walk back to the beach. Kris gave you a piggy back so you wouldn't get your wet dress covered in sand.

"This was the best night we've had in a long time Kris. Thank you baby. I love you." You grabbed his face and kissed him with passion.

"I love you too baby. Let's go get some sleep."

You walked back to your hotel room and got changed for bed. He got in beside you, being the big spoon. You heard him whisper "All that matters", and you knew right then, that this relationship would be the last one.