Waited Long Enough (Brayden Schenn)

Brayden Schenn Imagine

Requested By: 

You, Luke and Brayden had grown up together in Canada and always been best friends, you leaning more towards Brayden.

You'd been in love with him ever since you both started school in Kindergarten together.

When B got drafted to LA and began playing for the Manchester Monarchs, you moved and went to school to become a teacher there to be with him.

Then he got traded to Philadelphia and you had to stay and finish school. Once you were done, you got a job offer from the local elementary school right away so still, you stayed.

It was Christmas Break and you were going home to Canada to spend time with Luke and Brayden and both of your families.

As you boarded the plane, you got a phone call from "Brayden Schenn". Worried right away, you quickly picked up the phone.

B: Y/N, I'm so sorry. We can't come home for Christmas. There's too much snow to fly out of Philadelphia. I'm sorry baby girl.

Y/N: It's fine Bray... Say "Merry Christmas" to Lukey for me. Have a great time B...

B: I'll make it up to you though I promise!

Y/N: Okay... I'll miss you B-Bray...

You felt the tears rolling down your cheeks as the flight attendant showed you towards your seat in first class.

B: I'll call you tomorrow Y/N... Bye.

Y/N: Goodbye Brayden.

You continued to sob into your hoodie sleeve as a person sat down beside you, his face hidden under his hood and toque.

He tried to grab your hand and you pulled away, putting in your headphones... You rested your head against the window, and closed your eyes. You felt the person finally grab you hand, rubbing your palm.

Y/N: Um... can I help you?

Person: Nope... You just look sad, I thought maybe you could use a friend.

Y/N: Thanks, I guess you could say I'm sad.

Person: If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong? You seem pretty upset about it.

Y/N: My best friend isn't coming home for Christmas, and neither is his brother, he's my other best friend. I've known them forever...

Person: That's too bad. You have beautiful eyes by the way... They're like such a lovely shade of (Y/E/C).

Y/N: Thanks... Why don't you take off your hood? I wanna see your face.

Person: I don't wanna be noticed. I'm trying to stay low key... I'm kinda famous.

Y/N: Um... Who are you?

Person: That's for me to know and you to find out for yourself. Now get some rest, you look exhausted beautiful girl.

You pulled your hand away and wrapped your arms around the sweater that was on your lap, using it as a pillow. You tilted your seat back and drifted off to sleep.

Once you had slept for a while it seemed, you felt your body being shaken awake...

The person beside you was gone already but had left something in your hand, a note with a number, and A NAME.

"I had a lovely time watching you sleep. Maybe we can meet up after Christmas... 122-456-6862 XXXX - Jeff Carter"

Jeff Carter... You just sat beside Jeff Carter! You had a little fan girl moment before you went to find your luggage, stuffing the slip of paper into your coat pocket.