Midoria's Heart 10 - Lisimi

First of all, I am SO SO SORRY for how long it took me to put up this next chapter!! I have probably a million excuses for you, but im going to stick with the biggest one: exams (also known as EVIL!)

I have actually been writing this chapter for weeks, but havent been able to do more than a couple paragraphs at a time because of all of the studying and work i have to do. Because of that, it hasn't actually turned out the way I want it too, and if any of you think that this chapter is bad, please forgive me, I promise it will get better again, especially during the summer in a couple of weeks when I have nothing to do but write! :P

Once again, my heartfelt appologies for the delay, but I love you all so much for bearing with me!!

Anyway, here it is. We meet someone new again! ^.^

________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10: Lisimi

As soon as I could, I went back to my secret room up in the tower. I had to find out what Midoria meant. If my country was in danger somehow, then I had to do everything in my power to help. I had to at least try...

The only problem was that most of the stuff up there was in a language I couldn't understand. I had poured over the books again and again, but hadn't been able to understand half of the information. The parts that I did understand seemed useless without the second half. It was so frustrating, but no way was I giving up.

I walked briskly through the corridor, keeping my mind focused on the tower and the room so that I wouldn't get side-tracked. My birthday was inching closer, and while I was excited to come into my full powers, I couldn't say that I was looking forward to the accompanying ball nearly as much. Crowded social events where everybody's eyes were on me just weren't something I enjoyed. I mean, I know that I will have to deal with them someday soon, but not yet. To add to the stress of the ball, the organizing of said event was preoccupying the entire castle, and I could hardly walk from one room to another without being bombarded with useless questions about the preparations and festivities.

"Your highness, what do you think of this colour?", "Your highness, what meal would you prefer be served?" "Your highness this, your highness that!"

It was all I ever heard nowadays and it was driving me insane!

I sighed with relief as I opened reached the hallway leading up to Midoria's room uninterrupted; the sun shining through the stained-glass windows and throwing patches of colour on the floor. Opening the door, I stepped into the room and was shocked to find someone else in there.

A girl was sitting at the desk, her long dark hair falling around her face as she leant over what I assume to be one of the books or journals. As I closed the door, she jumped and turned around, flushing as she realized who I was and bowing low to the floor.

"Your highness!"

"Who are you? And how did you get in here?" I asked, not really angry but more startled; I had thought that I was the only person who knew about this room. Then again, judging by the look on the girl's face, she had thought the same thing.

"My name is Lisimi, and I've been coming here, to this room, for months," she said. "My mother started to work here as a maid about 5 months ago. I didn't have anything else to do, so I would come with her and explore the castle. Then one day a few weeks after my first day here, I found the hallway outside, and the door... you'll think I'm crazy, but I swear the door was calling to me. So I came in and found all of this" She gestured to the room around us, still looking at me nervously like I would kick her out of the castle or something. I couldn't help but smile. Call it one of those gut-feelings again, but I liked this girl. She seemed real; believable and nice, plus she reminded me of my friend Sarah.