Midoria's Heart 9 - Memories

Sorry about the break in between chapters there guys, i was kinda busy, and then I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. While necessary, it was also really really painful, so i'm kinda sore today :P Luckily for you guys, that means that I can't go to school, and so actually have time to write! yay!!!!!

Anyway, shout out to Megan on this chapter! Thanks for your amazing friendship throughout the past, what, 7 years or so? And of course, thanks for your support with my story! It means a lot, so here's to you buddy! (just like i promised, chapter 9 is dedicated to you :P)

Okay, so, songs: (you are probably going to have to look all of these up on youtube, i don't think they exist anywhere else)

Eternal Snow (created by: adrianvonziegler) - listen to this one until Jay comes to sit beside her

Zelda: Twilight Princess Music - Calm and Hope (this was added by SilvaGunner) - change it when you get to this ~♥~

Zelda: Twilight Princess Music - Queen Rutela (added by the same)

So there ya go, Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 9 - Memories

I sat alone in my room, huddled up on my bed, looking out the window. Since yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about what Daniel had said.

Could it be true? Could this man who was once a part of our peaceful Kingdom have really murdered my parents in cold blood?

Somehow, despite the fact that we had no proof, I knew it was the truth.

It seemed a little over-the-top though. I didn't understand how someone could take away two lives, just because they felt unloved. Was this what had

happened all those years ago with Midoria and Kamen as well? It seemed like a possible explanation.

I started as a clock somewhere in the castle chimed eleven times. I didn't have time to think of this anymore, I had to get ready.

It had been a week since my parent's murder, and so my first public appearance since their deaths was today. Every Midorian in the Kingdom would flock to the castle grounds today, to the small meadow where we held our memorials. If I looked out my window, I could already see the sea of white.

White was our mourning colour. We believe that if you wear white to funerals and memorials, it will help to guide the dead into the power of Light and goodness, whereas if you wear black, it will lead them to Darkness and evil.

Sighing, I turned and got dressed. My dress was simple yet elegant, a sweetheart neckline with spaghetti straps, a fitted bodice that flared out just above my waist. The skirt went down to about my knees, and it was slightly ruffled. When I turned or moved at all, it swirled around me like the white petals of a flower in the wind. My hair I pulled up, leaving some of my curls cascading down my back. When I was done, I checked myself over in the mirror several times, ensuring that everything was perfect.

I had to look perfect for my people; it was expected of me, and yet I felt far from perfect inside. I was confused, shaken and grieving. For all the people that were here in this castle, that were coming today to support me and my family in their loss, I felt more alone than ever.

~♥~

I sat through the memorial at my grandmother's right hand side, the heat and humidity of the afternoon bearing down on me in waves. There were speeches from almost every member of the council, and those who had known my parents. While this memorial was better than the funeral on Earth, where no one had known my parents, this only caused me more pain. I listened to story after story of my parent's life, how my mother had been afraid to fly until she was six, how my father had been rude to her the first time they met, how they had fallen in love. My parents' lives played out before me, and I listened with rapt attention, my heart breaking when I heard the tales of the life they had led before me, and thought of how they should have been the one to tell me of these memories. Tears streamed unbidden from my eyes, and I thanked the Lord that I was wearing waterproof make-up today.