Midoria's Heart 2 - Going Home

Okay people, you asked for it!!! Chapter 2!

Before we get started, I really wanna thank Emily for all her help with editing this, awesome_asian23 for actually making a wattpad account so she could comment on it (love ya buddy <3) and Canse12 for being an awesome inspiration and helping me get started

And last but not least, a huge THANKS to everyone who commented, voted and became a fan - Your support is truly appreciated

Love you guys!!!

ps - the image on the side is her mother's necklace

- The music that inspired this chapter is Home - by Chris Daughtry

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 - Going Home

"Addie, girl, you have looked better..." I told my reflection in the mirror. She looked back at me with sad eyes.

I was standing in my room, packing, and trying to make myself look somewhat presentable for my opinionated grandmother. What a job it was though! My eyes, usually a shining turquoise colour, were red and watery from crying, tears stained my currently pale cheeks. My long, mostly curly blond hair seemed to have lost its shine, hanging limply against my head. I looked like I was the one who had died. I guess its true what they say: when you lose people close to you, you lose a part of yourself too.

"Stop that!" I told myself fiercely, "They wouldn't want you to think that way, so you won't."

Turning away from the mirror I went to have a shower, loving the feel of the warm water as it washed away all of my unwanted thoughts and feelings bottled up inside.

After my shower, I finished packing, almost excited. Truth be told, I hated this town, full of its lies; I couldn't truly be myself here, even around my best friend. I couldn't wait to get away, out of this house, out of this town, hell - out of this country! Plus, I loved where I was going; to a place where I could be me. A place where I had family, friends, somewhere I could spread my wings.

Sighing, I looked at the clock - half an hour left, but knowing my grandparents, they would be early. I turned back to the mirror and got dressed, pulling on a skirt, blouse and my mother's necklace - the only thing of her 'earthly possessions' that I got to keep. I put on some make-up, but not too much as my grandmother does not approve of make-up. Stepping back, I admired the effect. Better, but not perfect. Oh well, even Grandmother couldn't possibly expect me to look perfect after what I had been through.

Good thing I didn't have to see the public as soon as I got there. They would expect their crown princess to look perfect, no matter the situation. But, as per tradition, none of the royal family would make a public appearance for a week after a death in the family.

Sigh.

Crown Princess.

A title I did not think of much, at least not here. That was the only thing I wasn't looking forward to when I got back to my true home, the Kingdom of Midoria.

Just then, the doorbell rang. I flew down the stairs, raced to the door, threw it open and jumped into the arms of my 'favourite old person' as I had lovingly dubbed him as a child. "Grandpa!" I shrieked.

"Addie, my baby girl!" He chimed back. I hugged him tight for a minute before we both heard a distinctive "Hem, hem."

"Uh oh" he whispered, and winked.

"Adele, that is not at all the proper way for a young lady, Crown Princess, no less, to conduct herself," scolded my grandmother, Narisse.

"Now, Nari," interrupted my grandfather, "We haven't seen her for ages! I think we can give her a break this time"

"Humph," replied my grandmother.

I smiled secretly - only grandpa could calm her down, and only he EVER dared to call my grandmother 'Nari.' (It was actually pretty cute - in an old people way)

I led my grandfather inside, and we grabbed my things. Driving away, I couldn't help looking one last time at the place where I had grown up through the window of the car. We drove for several hours, finally coming to a stop in the middle of a field, where two men stood waiting. Coming up to us, they bowed low, murmuring "Your Majesty" to my grandmother, who nodded her greeting.

One of them raised his head to me, smiled and winked. "Hello Addie," he said softly.

"Hi Daniel," I replied, pleased to see my childhood friend once again.

The guys grabbed my bags and the group of us stood together, waiting for my grandmother. Slowly, she spread her magnificent pearly-grey wings, little white flecks standing out in the pale light. One by one, the rest of us followed suit. Hesitating, I sighed. Daniel looked at me and grinned, "Ready Princess?"

Unfurling my pure white wings, I smiled back. "Yes."

I was ready. Ready to go home.

~♥~

There is only one way to get to Midoria; you have to fly. The kingdom sits thousands of feet above the Atlantic Ocean, just a ways off the coast of Great Britain. It is, of course, a good thing that our kingdom can't be reached by humans. Though people say the humans tolerated us in the beginning (when we were still a part of the Earth), there is no way that things can ever go back.

Humans are hardly tolerant of themselves, why would anyone expect them to understand and respect a kingdom full of winged beings, or Aerians as we are called. Nope, if the humans discovered us there would no doubt be war. We Aerians pride ourselves in being a peaceful people.

I looked down, our little flock was soaring above Midoria, its' gorgeous mountains rising above us, endless fields and meadows below. Shimmering lakes reflecting the sun back to us.

I loved this Country, MY Country.

Like the human world, we have evolved. Adapted over the years to use a combination of both magic and technology, a great improvement from the 'olden days', when there were no lights, TVs, or navigation systems (and having spent years on earth, how could I possibly live without these?) However, we still use magic more than technology.

As we flew over my Kingdom, I admired its astounding beauty. Unlike the 'human world', we haven't destroyed our land. Every Midorian with a brain knows that magic comes from the 5 elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Spirit. If you destroy the earth, what are you left with?

No wonder humans can no longer use magic - they hardly even remember that it exists. Of course, not all Midorians were gifted, and even those that were did not necessarily have great power. The most powerful were the Royal family, and then their knights, who's magic mostly came in some form that allowed them to use it in battle. But all of our people respected the elements, going to their temples and giving offerings of the 5 elements to our Gods. It was by their grace, after all, that we even had Midoria or any magic at all.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by our arrival at Mida, the main city of Midoria. The pure white marble palace shining directly in front of me, I couldn't help but smile.

I was home.

~♥~

____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!! ^.^

Please - Comment and Vote