Midoria's Heart 4 - Blue Jay

Okay, here's chapter four!!!

I'm introducing a new character, arent you guys all excited? Of course you are!!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who read, commented, voted and became a fan!

I love you guys!!!!!

~♥~

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 - Blue Jay

"This isn't fair!!" My angry shriek rang across the gardens as I ran through them, causing an explosion of feathers as a nearby bird flew out of the tree, startled by my raised voice. From not too far up ahead, I heard my grandfather chuckle at my irritation. Aside from being my grandmother's head knight, he had an affinity for earth, and so spent much of his free time here in the garden, tending the plants, trees and flowers. It was the most beautiful place that I had ever seen, and I had come here when I was upset to find him for comfort since I was little. He was still chuckling as I reached him.

"It's not funny either." I glared at him.

"No, it's not, so why don't you stop scaring the poor animals and flowers, and tell me what it is that is so very unfair" he replied, his grey eyes twinkling.

"The meeting today - the one that the ENTIRE COUNCIL is attending to discuss MY PARENT'S MURDERS! Apparently, I am NOT ALLOWED TO ATTEND IT!" I said, my voice rising in both pitch and volume as I got angry about it all over again. "How can that possibly be Grandpa? I mean, it isn't like it has nothing to do with me. It isn't as though I am intruding. Why is she doing this? Why?"

"Your Grandmother says that she is only trying to keep you safe. There might be things said that would upset you." He said this with complete certainty in his voice, and yet his eyes betrayed him - he did not agree with my grandmother, at least not entirely, and I planned to use this to my advantage.

"Upset me? I am already upset. My parents were killed in my house, and I think that I have a right to know everything that there is to be known about it. I have a right to know who killed them, and why"

"You're right, you do"

"I have - wait, what? You agree with me?" I asked, stunned.

"Of course I do, sweetheart. If it were me, I would want to know. I would do anything that it took to find out. Even if that meant spying on the council meeting." This last part he said with a meaningful look at me, and I gasped at the idea he had just deliberately given me.

"You wouldn't tell?" I asked, hope rising inside my chest.

"Tell what? I said nothing" He replied, chuckling wickedly. Smiling, I gave him a huge hug and ran off, shouting "Thanks Grandpa!" behind me. Now I could actually get an explanation, albeit having to spy to get it. I should be in that meeting anyway; I don't know what my grandmother was thinking by not letting me go. I was almost 18, practically an adult, and at some point in the terrifyingly close future, I would be queen, and then I would not only attend but run these meetings. I ran back through the main doors, down the hallway and up to the meeting room, keeping my thoughts focused on the room ahead so as not to get sidetracked and miss more of the meeting than I already had. As I got to the door, I shoved my ear against the keyhole, hoping to catch as much of the information as I could. Listening closely, I heard:

"Lord Marcus, what have your men found out so far?"

"Unfortunately not much, your Majesty. My men have searched the house and all we can be sure of was that it was no human, but an Aerian. Our main suspect is - "

"What are you doing?" This new voice did not come from the room, but from behind me. Startled, I whirled around and came face to face with the bluest eyes I had ever seen. Blushing furiously I looked down, ashamed of being caught spying on the meeting.

"Uh, n-nothing. I'm not doing anything" I stuttered, trying to cover up what was blatantly obvious. Of course I had been spying, just not very well to have not noticed him come up right behind me. I heard a sound and looked up, amazed - he was laughing at me!

"Don't worry about it! I'm just messing with you, Princess!" He said through his laughter, tears in his eyes.

"That was not very nice. What are YOU doing here, anyway?" I demanded, my tone stern and arrogant. I would not let this stupid boy come and make fun of me like this. Clearly he didn't know who he was dealing with.

"To be honest, I came here to do the same thing that you were doing just now. I was kind of hoping to be allowed to listen to the meeting, but clearly if the crown princess wasn't let in, I won't be either."

Now that I was sure he wasn't going to expose me to the council, I took the time to get a better look at him. His hair was brown and untidy, but in a cute-ish way. His eyes were like the bluest of skies, still sparkling with mischief. He was fit and strong looking, but not overly muscled, more on the lean side than anything else. He was actually very attractive and also staring at me intently. Oh geez.

"I haven't seen you around here. Who are you?" I asked, suspicion in my voice.

"Of course you haven't seen me around. You haven't been back since this past summer, and only got here a couple of months ago. As for whom I am, I am a knight in training." He said proudly.

"So you're a squire." I said it snottily, and I added a giggle to it, to show him what I thought of him.

"Not a squire, a knight in training," he replied, slight hurt in his eyes, "I'm at a higher level than a squire. I have an affinity for fighting, which brought me ahead of most of the people my age."

"Like Daniel? He has a fighting affinity too. He is also the best in the class" I said smugly, proud of my friend. His eyes took on a weird look when I said Daniel, as though he didn't like him.

"Yeah, kind of I guess" Yup, he definitely did not like Daniel. Oh well, too bad for him.

We both heard a noise from inside, and deciding that we should move so as to avoid being caught trying to spy on the meeting, we walked down the hallway.

"So you are a knight in training, but that still doesn't entirely answer my question. What's your name?" I asked, only curious now.

He grimaced slightly, before answering "Blue Jay - but please, just call me Jay. I hate my full name."

"Why is it Blue Jay anyway?"

Instead of answering, he turned his back and unfurled his wings. They were blue and not surprisingly, looked exactly like a blue jay's wings. It explained his odd name, but to be honest, I kinda liked the wings.

"Wow, those are amazing!" I told him.

"Thanks, but I think yours are better to be honest. Pure white. Almost like an angel" he said, winking at me. I didn't reply, only blushed.

"I have to go. Training and all that. See you around angel" he said, and with that he walked off, leaving me to stand in the empty hallway.

Blue Jay, huh? Well, that was not a name I would forget. I'd have to ask Daniel what he knew about him. In the mean time, the meeting would get out soon. I should really get out of the way of the doors. I sighed. I had learned nothing from them, only what I had already known: that humans had not killed my parents. No, it was a Midorian, which made it so much worse.

At the end of the day, I had no answers, only more questions.

_____________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!!!!!

Comment, Vote and Become a Fan!!!

~♥~