Midoria's Heart 5 - Light and Darkness

Author's Note:

Ahh, you gotta love Supernatural. (The show, but also supernatural things in general) I have to confess that I was watching it just before writing this chapter, and while I already had the idea for it, it gave me some inspiration for the more... gorey details :P

plus, Jared Padelecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins are all really hot. if you don't know who im talking about, google image them. its worth it, i promise you. (and boys, im sorry, i had to add that in there)

anyway, if any of my dear readers are at all squeamish, i highly recommend that you get a barf bag or something ready (what? did you think that i was gonna tell you to just skip this chapter? oh no, you're not gettin' off that easy :P)

just kidding, its not actually that bad.

i think?

the other reason i randomly put Supernatural in there is because this chapter is dedicated to a certain fellow fan of mine, who recently returned home after having been gone for 3 months... Missed ya buddy!!! I'm so glad you're back ♥

anyway, enjoy =D

sorry, just remembered that i have to add one more thing.

The youtube video at the side is the song "Moving Mountains" by Two Steps From Hell. This chapter was sort of written to this song, but not exactly, because the chapter is longer than the song is, so the timing doesnt fit. However, the song captures the mood and feelings of the chapter really well, so it would add effect for you to hear it anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 - Light and Darkness

I opened my eyes suddenly, waking with a start. I couldn't say what had woken me from my, for once, dreamless slumber. Maybe it was just a feeling, almost like a warning. A gut-instinct that I couldn't ignore. Seems like I've been getting a lot of these recently. Well, whatever it was, I was awake now.

I blinked.

My room, usually dark at night, was filled with an eerie, soft glow. Startled, and still half asleep, I looked dazedly around my room, finally locating it's source a few feet from the middle of my bed and slightly above me.

A shinning orb was pulsating slightly, filling the room with a pure, white light. So this was what had pulled me back to consciousness.

"Adelle..."

The soft voice came from within the light. I recognized it as the same voice that had called me to the tower room and that had been giving me these feelings of both purpose and foreboding. I needed no explanation; I knew what this was. An ancient spirit of light and goodness, which had been residing in this castle since its creation.

This was Midoria's spirit, and though I knew why it had come to me now about as well as I knew the details of my parents' death, I knew in my heart and soul that it, she, had a reason. A reason that I hoped to find out.

"Why are you here? After all this time, why now? And what does this have to do with me?" I questioned softly.

Instead of answering, the light began to flicker and move slowly towards my door.

"Wait!" I cried, my voice now losing its soft volume, "Where are you going? Can't you at least give me one answer?"

The light passed through my door and I followed it, but by the time I got to the hall, Midoria was gone.

Disappointed, I paused, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the sudden darkness that now enveloped me.

The floor beneath my bare feet was cold, and surprisingly wet, as though it was flooded by water. No, not by water, for it was sticky and thick too, like syrup or molasses had been poured all over it.