Midoria's Heart 7 - Moonlight

Hey guys! Yay, chapter 7!!! I like this one, though a certain friend of mine might be angry with me... sorry buddy, it had to be done.

Anyway, I decided to try adding in another person's perspective, to give you a better look at him, 'cause he hasn't been in the story too much so far.

There are also a few songs that you should listen to as you read this. Here they are, in order:

1.) End - Secondhand Serenade

2.) Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

3.) Broken - Also by Secondhand Serenade

Broken should come on when it switches perspectives (i hope you can tell when that is)

Also, I wanna give a HUGE thank you to everyone who became a fan in the past little while (which, you know, is really all of you at this point :P), to everyone who voted, and especially to everyone who commented, because comments are actually what persuades me to write. I love it when you guys tell me that you appreciate my work, it makes my day. Also, if you pick up on anything that you think is a typo or if you have any constructive critisism or ideas, please tell me! It always helps to hear your opinions, and I do value them very much!

So, thanks!!!!

And, without further ado, here's the next chapter:

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 7: Moonlight

Blood...

Screams...

Death...

Evil.

I woke with a start, gasping for breath, my screams ringing in my ears. That dream again. This was the third night in a row that I had seen the same vision. Waking up to Midoria's spirit, the hallway, the blood, the dead guard, then running, the Great Room, all of the bodies, the evil that surrounded me.

I slipped out of bed, opened my window and flew down silently to the gardens. Here I sat underneath the cherry trees, their pinkish blossoms fluttering in the slight breeze. The petals from the trees lay on the ground, covering the soft, cold earth like a carpet. High above me in the night sky, the full moon shone brightly, unhindered by clouds. Its brilliance put the stars to shame tonight. I had always loved full moons. It was when our magic was the strongest, and I could feel mine running through my veins, along with the magic of the castle and everything around me. Magic that protected us, but used the wrong way, could hurt us.

I sighed.

That dream... it was a warning of some kind, I was sure of that now. At first I had thought - hoped - that it was the past Midoria was showing me. Now I knew that couldn't be true. This dream was somehow a vision of something in my future, something that was coming. I only hoped that she would soon show me how to stop it.

I had gone back to that room everyday since the first dream, but I hadn't found anything that gave me any answers. These past few days had been frustrating. I had no answers about the dreams, I still hadn't learned anything new about my parent's deaths, the dreams themselves scared me to death and I ended up hardly getting any sleep. Then there was Jay and his revelation about becoming my knight.

It was not uncommon for royalty to have multiple guards, this I knew. My grandmother had several herself. Her main guard though, her most trusted, her knight, was my grandfather. He was the only one who stayed with her always, and not only because they were married. Ever since I was little, I had been told that Daniel was my guard. That was why, when they had come to take me home, it was Daniel who met me. We were more than guard and charge. We were friends, and had been for years. Like Evreth, he was one of my closest friends, and I trusted him with everything, including my life. I hadn't seen him since Jay told me that he was also in training to be my knight. I was so stricken by this news; where did it leave me and Daniel? Why was this change so sudden, why wasn't I informed? Or was it not finalized yet? I just didn't know, and truth be told, I didn't want to think about it either.