Chapter 21

I heard the sound before my eyes opened and panic set in but I bit my tongue to stop from screaming out as the dirt hit to lid of our coffin.

Tom and I lying together. I cuddled closer to him squeezing my eyes closed and praying for the strength to hold back the terrifying scream that was begging to escape. Wishing he could just hold me back or even squeeze me for just a second.

Another shovel of dirt hit the wood roof of our grave. ARRGHHHH! My mind screamed inside me. BE BRAVE!! I told myself don't let Tom know your scared, he would hate that.

Instead I just held onto Tom and cuddle him, "It's ok baby," I whispered to him. "It's ok."

I don't know if I was reassuring him or myself.

My heart raced and my breaths became shallow as I tried to preserve oxygen. Then I thought why I am doing that, use it all up and then you will be dead and together forever. Stupid Girl. Use it up!

"Do you remember when we first met and you took me the Island, we bartered over the length of time you would stay in bed and hold me. I wanted a goodbye cuddle and you were too much of a gentleman to do it?" I whispered to Tom. The image clear in my mind. "You told me I just liked you because you were being kind to me in my time of need and that you wouldn't take advantage of that. I stood up in the green dress you gave me and tripped, falling on you," I whispered laughing. "You teased me about using it as an excuse to get a cuddle. I hadn't, it was an accident, an accident of fate. I remember sleeping beside you that night of the storm and how you had cuddled up beside me in your sleep and wrapped your arm around me, I thought to myself, is this what it is like to want someone, to love someone. I loved you even then."

The sounds of the dirt grew distant and the fear gripped me again.

Next memory, I told myself.

"You carried me off the ship like a bride in your arms because the sun hurt my eyes. I was terrified of that Island but you always make everything feel safe when I am in your arms. I love being with you, even now lying in this coffin. How silly is that?" I said laughing gently. "I go to some lengths to get a cuddle even now," I smiled. "When we get to heaven, we can meet Angela and give her all the cuddles she has missed. I bet she will love that," I whispered and a sense of calm washed over me.

"I wonder what the children are doing now. Thomas is probably playing Pirates with Michael and Charlie. Rosie is no doubt being mischievous and Oliver is probably biting someone or growling at them," I giggled at the images my mind conjured. Then I remembered... I had forgotten.

"I forgot to tell you but its too late now. I am pregnant again. We are having another baby. You are going to be a daddy again. I don't know if your father had time to tell you. Do you think the baby will be waiting in heaven with Angela?" I asked. Obviously I got no answer.

I coughed as the air got thin and the heat made me dizzy and faint.

"Well I don't know how much oxygen is left in here so I will use the last of it to tell you, I love you and I don't regret a single moment of my life with you Thomas Tyler. You are the best husband and father anyone could ever wish for and we all love you dearly. Thank you for sharing your life with me. I will treasure the memories always."

I coughed as breathing became hard, my chest sore.

"I'll meet you in heaven. I can keep you forever then. I love you...."

==============================================

My eyes opened. "Is this heaven? Tom," I called, and began to cough as air filled my lungs.

"No you are still alive," I heard monkey man say.

"What! No put me back in, I want to stay with Tom!" I screamed turning to look at him.