Chapter 2

As the door knocked we broke off from our kiss.

"Come in," Tom called.

Virginia entered carrying the food and drink. Giving me the 'I know what you have just been doing' smile.

I smiled back and giggled.

Tom and I were stood by his desk, my arms wrapped around his waist holding him tight, never wanting to let go for fear he would evaporate into thin air. He did the same, his arms wrapped around me holding me against him as he rested his lips against my head, his hand moving to stroke my hair as he breathed in my scent.

I stink! I thought.

"Don't worry about the water Virginia, I think I will go for a swim, it will be easier," I said.

I looked at Tom, he nodded.

"Ok I will ask your father to find somewhere suitable once we set sail," Virginia said. "Tom you should eat and rest too, it's been too long since you did either."

I looked at him with concern and back to Virginia. They were both staring at each other. Tom seemed a bit annoyed that she had mentioned it but also understood her concern and Virginia seemed to be saying I am only mentioning it because I care about you.

"Well his wife is back now so there will be plenty of food and rest and..." I stopped. "Oh no..."

"What?" Tom asked concern all over his face.

"Till death us do part, I died, were not married," I said tears springing to my eyes and spilling down my cheeks as dread filled my heart.

"Of course we are, don't cry baby," Tom said stroking the tears away as he turned me to face him.

"We are not. I died!" I cried. Clinging to him as I broke my heart, feeling like I had lost a huge part of my life. "I want to be married to you..."

"Your soul is bound to mine remember, True Love. We are more than married and even death could not keep us apart. You are mine forever Ella and I am yours," Tom said and held me close.

I still cried, this was awful.

"What is all this crying about?" Robert asked at the door, Virginia and Michael beside him.

"Ella thinks we are not married because of the whole till death us do part bit," Tom said, making me sound ridiculous.

"Well if that is all that is upsetting you, I can renew your vows right now," his father replied. "I am Captain and I missed the first one."

I ran to him, hugging him and nodding against his chest.

"Oh dear you truly don't like the idea of not being married to my son for even a moment do you?" his father said, smiling.

I shook my head. "It feels very wrong. I think I am going to be sick," I said as I felt the nausea rise in my stomach.

"NO!" Shadow yelled. "You must keep what they gave you down. If your body rejects it who knows what could happen."

I started to feel it rise and the pain in my stomach made me lean forward in agony.

Shadow cursed as he shouted monkey and I heard the scampering of tiny feet. Tom helped me lie down on the floor as Monkey ran in and screamed at me making me jump. He ran out of the window screaming as Tom whispered to me to stay calm and I tried not to get sick. I couldn't help it, it began to rise and even though I covered my mouth and tried swallowed it back down, it started to come out of my nose like ink.

Tom was trying to help me but I could see the fear in his eyes as I struggled and choked.

"Keep her still," Shadow said as my body started to convulse.